Citroens on the small screen
  • Register
  • Help

Default Citroens on the small screen

Hello, do you ever get UK ITV programmes in Oz? If you can, there are two feature length Maigret stories, with Rowan Atkinson as Maigret. Tractions and H vans galore, plus plenty of other 50's cars. The stories aren't bad either.

Advertisement

Yep, we have had the first episode some time back and I did note (and comment on another post) that the vehicles were worth the price of admission. I haven't seen any follow up episodes as yet however. Anyone else seen anything of a second show.?
    Cheers, Peter J
    Current - 1974 D Special
    : 1976 16TS
    Previous - 1984 CX 25 IE : 1976 16TS : 1979 12 Virage

Fellow Frogger!

A little off-topic (big screen) but I treated myself to a DVD copy of Melville's "Le Samurai" to watch over Christmas.

Alain Delon steals two DS' in the film - though in reality he drives three! The first car is an early bvh Pallas with the odd ashtray in the dash. The second car he steals is also bah - but in a later scene it's magically become a manual!

As Mark Twain once said: don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. Which we had adapted at work meetings to; why spoil a good story with facts!

Enjoy the show and we'll keep an eye open for it here in Oz.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Budge View Post
    A little off-topic (big screen) but I treated myself to a DVD copy of Melville's "Le Samurai" to watch over Christmas.

Alain Delon steals two DS' in the film - though in reality he drives three! The first car is an early bvh Pallas with the odd ashtray in the dash. The second car he steals is also bah - but in a later scene it's magically become a manual!

Thread Information