• Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By harrisson_citroen
  • 1 Post By kenlin

Thread: DS throttle cam on EFI auto model

Default DS throttle cam on EFI auto model

DS throttle cam on EFI auto model-ds-throttle-cam.jpg

Oops! a small bump and the end has broken from our '74 EFI Auto DS throttle cam, shown above. I believe these throttle cable supports are only found on the Borg Warner auto EFI models.

Does anyone know where a new or good used one might be located? Being made of some form of plastic, originals are likely to be rather brittle by now. Apart from Australia, many of the D's with auto and EFI made their way to the US. Perhaps there is a source over there?

Any help appreciated.

Advertisement

Ken

I can't find it on Franzose, but that doesn't mean they dont have it, maybe get a part number. Or email Darrin at Citroen Classics in the UK, will be here in a few days.

Thanks Michael. I have sent enquiries to Franzose and to Citro Services in Italy but with no success, so far.Not sure whether they deal with too many BW autos in Europe though. Are you of aware of any particular USA parts people who may have dealt with more BW autos? And yes, I will contact Darrin at Citroen Classics.

Thanks for the tip.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by mberry View Post
    I can't find it on Franzose, but that doesn't mean they dont have it, maybe get a part number. Or email Darrin at Citroen Classics in the UK, will be here in a few days.

Western Hemispheres or perhaps Dave Burnham assuming they had the BW efi in the States - or Jean Blondeau in Paris may have one. Otherwise it maybe a candidate for 3-D printing.

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

I would also give a call to Lance and John at DS motors in Brisbane.
    Theres a number of efi autos in qld and one could be for wrecking.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using aussiefrogs mobile app
    GreenBlood likes this.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

I would not hesitate to call Denton of European Autocare in Penrith; 0433 190 133.

Regards,

John

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by JAJEA View Post
    I would not hesitate to call Denton of European Autocare in Penrith; 0433 190 133.

Regards,

John

Same happened to mine about 15 years ago. I made a cable end stop out of the innards of an electrical connector- brass body and screw. It has served faithfully ever sonce

Thanks to everyone who has replied with suggestions. I have contacted DS Motors in Brisbane and Denton with his treasure trove at Penrith, close to where I live, but without success. Darrin in the UK is on the case, not having the part themselves and yet to hear from the European contacts. My home-made solution has been a washer Loctite-superglued to the part and that is allowing the system to work, so far. But a new part, or perhaps 3-D printed, should be better.

Best wishes

Ken

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Yes, australian parts guys will be the go. We probably have most of the automatic DS's left in the world in Australia. They probably doesn't even exist in the UK or France, so searching for automatic specific parts over there is probably an exercise in futility

seeya,
    sahne L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Success! Darrin at Citroen Classics (UK) has been able to locate one through his network. Should be here soon. The local suppliers had found that all of their used parts had been damaged too, become brittle in their old age.

Thanks for all of the suggestions out there, and for the advice Michael to contact Darrin.

Now to enjoy the Christmas festivities.

Ken
    mberry likes this.

Thread Information