• Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By seasink
  • 1 Post By JAJEA
  • 2 Post By seasink

Thread: 'Non-compliant' C4 Picasso lights

Fellow Frogger!

Default 'Non-compliant' C4 Picasso lights

I had an 'interesting' experience at an RBT station in Adelaide on Friday night. The officer who tested me made two comments about my C4 Picasso's lighting: he told me I shouldn't have the fog lights on in clear weather; nor should I have the daytime running lights on at the same time the headlights are on. I told him I hadn't turned either light on: they are part of the safety design features of the vehicle, which has presumably passed the relevant ADRs. He didn't pursue the matter further and ushered me on my way as I was compliant in the RBT context.

I've followed this up with the national Citroen distributor whose representative advised as follows:
    • the daytime running lights also serve as the parking lights and dim when the headlights are turned on.
    • the turning lights are activated when the steering wheel is turned and whilst they are in the fog light position, they do not operate in the straight ahead position and I think (stand corrected if I'm wrong) are also dimmer than the fog lights; hence, they don't 'blind' oncoming traffic as do the fog lights themselves.

Apparently one of the distributor's personnel had a similar incident (to me) about a year ago, but as the representative said, once this technology becomes more commonplace, hopefully the law enforcement people will become more aware that such seemingly non-compliant technology has been 'tuned' to meet the ADR specs.

The distributor's representative invited anyone with issues similar to mine to contact them.

Chris

Advertisement
    Last edited by Citquery; 6th December 2016 at 01:03 PM. Reason: correct punctuation

1000+ Posts

The policeman is correct on the rules. But he hasn't had enough exposure to Citroen! Who else would combine the functions of more than one light? I've heard of confusion with the C4 turning light as well.
    DanielBendigo likes this.

UFO

Could this copper come and work in the Wollongong area - for ever? If only someone would nail the numpties who do actually turn on their ****** lights when they're not required.

Glad that your explanation to plod was accepted.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

I'm with you UFO re fog lights. We have BMW drivers to thank for the over abundance use of fog lights in this country in non fog climatic conditions; they were showing off decades ago with their fog lights. They had no idea that fogs lights are used in real fog to keep you on the road. Now every [email protected]#$ box has them as they are no longer limited to quality vehicle.

If anyone thinks / believes they are a great safety feature (assuming genuine fog lights) as they show you the way should drive on a moonless night with only their fog lights on to see what speed they can achieve solely on those fog lights! Their depth of field/light penetration is measured in metres not hundreds or tens of metres for that matter. They will be surprised. But then maybe not as so many are poorly setup.

Then they are those that fog lights with their parkers on. Say no more.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Could this copper come and work in the Wollongong area - for ever? If only someone would nail the numpties who do actually turn on their ****** lights when they're not required.

Glad that your explanation to plod was accepted.
    UFO likes this.

1000+ Posts

If this thread turns to BMW drivers it will never end............
    UFO and Peter O like this.

Thread Information