• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arekisir

Thread: First citroen

Default First citroen

Hi all,

Advertisement

Looking at the viability of buying a bx 16valve. I drove a friends beaten up basic bx years ago and always thought a 16valve would be a great car.
    Are their any buying guides or examples that can be viewed in Sydney?
    I'd offer an alcoholic reward for a drive in one....

Alex
    frog likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

They are pretty rare now it seems. Without doubt a brilliant, safe, practical (5 doors) and comfortable sports car. Definitely worth buying. They are reasonably rustproofed, though check for crash damage and dodgy repairs. Paint was never brilliant and panels thin so expect fading and small dents. Just about every example had their radio stolen, so not very secure, most alarms would have long expired by now. Being old, any driving experience will depend on how well maintained. You may know Valvers are mechanically reliable, the main problems are crumbling plastics and perished hydraulic octopus and return hoses. To broaden your possibility of experiencing their brilliant 16V motor you might stand a better chance of getting a drive in a Peugeot Mi16. Very similar to the valver in performance and handling but without that magic ride and sexy looks. We love ours.

FedGrapes is selling a BX. PM him to see if still available. Great cars the ol BX.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using aussiefrogs mobile app

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

It sounds like they really worked on the suspension too. Just about every aussiefrogger that has owned both an Mi16 and BX16valve reckoned the Mi16 if anything rode better than the BX. I'd be tempted to put standard BX spheres on one if I had it ( there was a set of removable damper BX spheres around for a while that was used on the track cars).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thread Information