2010 C5 X7 Rear light fitting screw wanted
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 2010 C5 X7 Rear light fitting screw wanted

The reversing light that fits into the boot lid of my sedan is not held in properly because the special screw fitting is missing. The dealer can't supply the screw fitting on its own and wants to sell me the whole light, but can't confirm whether the screw fitting is included with the light anyway! This is NOT for the corner indicator tail light lens, but for the small lens that fits either side of the actual boot lid.
    Does anyone know where I can buy one of these please? I have tried various wreckers but they only want to sell the lens and cannot confirm if the screw is included.
    See image2010 C5 X7 Rear light fitting screw wanted-img_3449-1-.jpg

Advertisement

Probably best to visit some wreckers who have X7 sedan to see if you can find one on a car.

Cheers, Ken

Tadpole

Thanks Ken, I'll keep trawling the wreckers yards.

Citroen parts doesn't show anything for fixing the lights other than a black plastic wing nut?

I can do a light assembly (u have to buy the 2 pieces) for $187.02, which is probably a lot cheaper than the dealers?

I'll look at the unit on our car & see if I can offer you a better solution?

Best regards,

Greg.

PS, Have u tried Martin Bray in South Australia?

OK, just looked at our car, and I'd say that it would be part of the tail lamp........The black part in you pic is the plastic wing nut.

My thoughts are Martin Bray, SA, Riverside spares in Sydney, and A Twins at Seven Hills.

Other than that, i can oder you a lamp assembly at the price I quoted?

best regards,

Greg

PS, This is where a good 3D printer would be handy, but its getting the programme made. I've seen on the net where a guy in Europe makes lots of Hyd component cap plates for DSs with a printer.

Dear Gar du Nord,

Very rarely is there special fixing in these modern vehicles. How about pulling the other side off and see what fixing is used.

You are are at liberty to use whatever is appropriate. You do not have to use a what Citroen used [eg, torks headed self tappers (or threaded) screws, Philips (or PZ) headed screws or bolt fixings] to secure the light fitting to the your boot. Just what is appropriate.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Gar du Nord View Post
    The reversing light that fits into the boot lid of my sedan is not held in properly because the special screw fitting is missing. The dealer can't supply the screw fitting on its own and wants to sell me the whole light, but can't confirm whether the screw fitting is included with the light anyway! This is NOT for the corner indicator tail light lens, but for the small lens that fits either side of the actual boot lid.
    Does anyone know where I can buy one of these please? I have tried various wreckers but they only want to sell the lens and cannot confirm if the screw is included.
    See imageClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3449 (1).jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	91616

Tadpole

The black wing nut is captive inside the white plastic piece which clips into the light fitting and when you tighten the wing nut the white bit pushes against the inside of the boot lid which draws the light into the bodywork until it's nice and tight. Its a special part alright and a 3D printer would be a great answer. I'll try Brays and A twins thanks.

Thread Information