DS Dissy
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: DS Dissy

Fellow Frogger!

Default DS Dissy

I am trying to get an Electronic Ign kit from Powerspark but we are having a small difference of opinion over what a Duc Dissy looks like on a DS21.They have sent me this pic which I cannot recognise(Nothing like a Ducellier).Does anyone here recognise it, it would help in our deliberations,
    WoodyDS Dissy-ducellier_corrected.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Ducellier_corrected.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	87749

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger! citroenthusiast's Avatar

Can't help you identify what is in your photo, but here is what their competitor's (Pertronix) looks like installed in a Ducellier distributor (61 DS 19)

DS Dissy-ducellier-pertonix.jpg
    Cheers,
    John T.

54 11BL; 61DS19 LHM (son's); 71DS21 BVH; 73SM 3.0; 73SM 2.7EFI; 73SM 3.0 (other son's); 74 Maserati Merak

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Woody, you might have hold of an SEV (Marechal) distributor. What year is your car, and does the distributor have a part number on the body? I might be able to do a reverse lookup in the parts books.

This would explain why you and your supplier are having a bit of headscratching going on.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Woody,

Those two distributors look the same to me when I compare post locations and other features of the plate??

Cheers, Ken

i have fitted them to quite a few ds dizzys but they only fit the ducelior
    2016 Cactus
    2003 Range rover l322
    1974 D special
    1971 D special
    1992 CX TGE Safari
    1961 ID19
    1972 DS21 Safari
    1965 Renault R4
    1923 Citroen B2
    1927 B14
    Massey ferguson 550

Fellow Frogger!

My car is 72 ds 21,but I have 4 Duc Dissys all with different nos but all look the same They all use Duc 71133 points .Here is one.As Balki says powerspark do not make one for the SEV or Bosch.Sorry to confuse but I accidentally downloaded 2 identical pics.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by Balki View Post
    i have fitted them to quite a few ds dizzys but they only fit the ducelior
    Pertronix makes a nice one to fit the SEV distributors. Module is mounted to a small aluminum plate with countersunk holes. Just remove the points and install the plate. The Ducellier kit from Pertronix actually re-uses the lower half of the points as the mount and sometimes requires a bit of filing to get the snap ring back on.
    Cheers,
    John T.

54 11BL; 61DS19 LHM (son's); 71DS21 BVH; 73SM 3.0; 73SM 2.7EFI; 73SM 3.0 (other son's); 74 Maserati Merak

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by brian woodcock View Post
    I am trying to get an Electronic Ign kit from Powerspark but we are having a small difference of opinion over what a Duc Dissy looks like on a DS21.
    Hi Brian
    Greetings from the UK
    I for one, don't think i understand the question or problem? The photo they sent you looks like a Duc to me based on the point set inside it.
    The point set on the dizzy in the photo looks like the one in my Duc (just checked) and also like one of the Duc sets that Darrin sells here in the UK:

Distributor points Ducellier D models 1962 1975 and some H vans.

However there is also another Duc set of points available - but those are pre-66 and so pre-DS21.

What is the query please? If they only supply kits for Duc, are they saying that the dizzy on your car is not a Duc? Can't you resolve it just by looking at the number and ref on the relevant dizzy?
    The Duc dizzy on a later DS21 should be marked 'DX05i' and/ or '4253a' or '4253b' (need to be careful though as I believe Ducellier made a DX05i (marked 4259) for Peugeots?). Anyway, as well as being used on the DS21s, the DS DX05i was also fitted to the later DSuper5s that had the same 2175cc engine. As a dead give away, it should also be marked 'Ducellier'!

I've given up trying to source another good dizzy and am going to make the switch to 123. I've just bought myself a NOS Ducellier distributor cap to (hopefully) go on it. I believe that Mberry did this successfully.

Fellow Frogger!

Default Duc Dissy

Attachment 87779Hi Budge.Here is a Pic of my Duc 4253 Dissy,the one you mentioned.If you look carefully you will see that it is quite different to the one in my first post.Firstly there is the serrated wheel but more particularly the brass post next to the points pivot.You can see that the white sensor is mounted on this post and is attached to the red block with 3 wires.It may well be that the points set is compatible,but that is irrelevant as the kit presented to me does not fit my Dissy!

Fellow Frogger!

Default Duc Dissy

DS Dissy-duc-dissy-002.jpgFor some reason the pic disappeared from my previous post.
    Woody

Woody,

I'm pretty sure the Pertronix EP-141 would fit your distributor. If you examine my photo, you will see that the upper part of the points are removed and the module is simply slid onto the post and held with the clip that formerly held the points.

Maybe you can hold Powerspark's feet to the fire with that information.
    Cheers,
    John T.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by brian woodcock View Post
    Attachment 87779Hi Budge.Here is a Pic of my Duc 4253 Dissy,the one you mentioned.If you look carefully you will see that it is quite different to the one in my first post.Firstly there is the serrated wheel but more particularly the brass post next to the points pivot.You can see that the white sensor is mounted on this post and is attached to the red block with 3 wires.It may well be that the points set is compatible,but that is irrelevant as the kit presented to me does not fit my Dissy!
    That makes sense now. My 4253 looks like the one in your latest picture: no pivoting gold coloured plate and no serrated wheel. It looks as though a Duc point set for a DS will fit in the Dizzy in the Powerspark picture, but that the ignition kit that fits the Dizzy in their picture won't fit your dizzy because of the absence of the pivoting plate. I think the pivoting plate is adjusted and set using the serrated wheel, but the key problem is that the Powerspark kit seems to rely on their being a pivot post. If you haven;t goethe plate and serrated wheel gibbons, you haven't got the post

Thread Information