URGENT...transport of a DS21 from Cooranbong NSW to Victoria needed ASAP
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 27
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: URGENT...transport of a DS21 from Cooranbong NSW to Victoria needed ASAP

  1. #1
    1000+ Posts dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    melbourne,victoria,australia
    Posts
    1,332

    Default URGENT...transport of a DS21 from Cooranbong NSW to Victoria needed ASAP

    I have tried in vain to find a tilt tray to remove my new DS from where it is sited...I'm told it needs to be out ASAP..they said friday (tomorrow) but I'm hoping for an extension to early next week..
    she is a non runner & Jason Hantos is going there Monday to put wood in the suspension cylinders to enable a safe moving...
    Does anyone know of someone to move the beast to Melbourne...time is short and I don't want the car to be treated as abandoned!!!
    anyone interested please email me on [email protected] or ring on 03 5989 6311
    Thanks all

    Advertisement


    URGENT...transport of a DS21 from Cooranbong NSW to Victoria needed ASAP-ds21-interior.jpgURGENT...transport of a DS21 from Cooranbong NSW to Victoria needed ASAP-ds21.jpg
    Rev. Dogboy


    1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

  2. #2
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,426

    Default

    hook your trailer on and get motoring ... If you leave now, you should be there by midday tomorrow if you sleep in the back of the car
    dogboy likes this.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  3. #3
    Administrator GreenBlood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    8,185

    Icon3

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    hook your trailer on and get motoring ... If you leave now, you should be there by midday tomorrow if you sleep in the back of the car
    If you don't have a car trailer (I don't)

    Investigate one way trailer and suitable vehicle hire - perhaps pick up in Newcastle - Road trip back to Melbourne taking pics along the way. The trailer will have a winch should be easy loading. If you arrive in time to meet up with Jason you'll have a second pair of hands . . .

    Cheers
    Chris
    dogboy likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir



    "Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

    The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

    (Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    melbourne,victoria,australia
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    If you don't have a car trailer (I don't)

    Investigate one way trailer and suitable vehicle hire - perhaps pick up in Newcastle - Road trip back to Melbourne taking pics along the way. The trailer will have a winch should be easy loading. If you arrive in time to meet up with Jason you'll have a second pair of hands . . .

    Cheers
    Chris
    Thanks Shane & Chris
    I think I may have a last resort...a mate has said he will take me up in his landcruiser to get it...we won't be able to leave today though so hope the vendor is flexible..you'd think so given the auction result..
    I was going to hire a trailer here but if I can get a one way hire that would be better...good advice..thanks
    Rev. Dogboy


    1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    melbourne,victoria,australia
    Posts
    1,332

    Default TRANSPORT sorted....thanks to DRM logistics

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    hook your trailer on and get motoring ... If you leave now, you should be there by midday tomorrow if you sleep in the back of the car
    took all day but have got it sorted...coastwide towing to pick up tomorrow and deliver to drm logistics near Gosford and then on to Melb...$1200 door to door is a good deal for a non runner..
    DRM logistics will move a running car to Melb for $550 (Cash)
    will report back once car delivered
    Rev. Dogboy


    1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

  6. #6
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,426

    Default

    You really need to get up there and poke around the shed. I'm betting you find any missing parts from it (that no-one else can identify) sitting in/on/under other cars.

    My favorite spot for car parts ... Is inside other cars around the yard .....

    seeya,
    Shane L.
    dogboy likes this.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    melbourne,victoria,australia
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    You really need to get up there and poke around the shed. I'm betting you find any missing parts from it (that no-one else can identify) sitting in/on/under other cars.

    My favorite spot for car parts ... Is inside other cars around the yard .....

    seeya,
    Shane L.
    I just can't get there by tomorrow...Jason Hantos told me there are parts in the boot...only thing he says is missing is the radiator and hubcaps..but they may be in the boot..he couldn't open it..must be locked
    Interior though dusty is in great order as is body...I getting more confident it's a beauty
    Jason was a underbidder at $8k plus 15% commssion and of course only MB and me taking it to $21,465.47 after commission..plus $1200 to move...so $23k so far but seeing that 5 spd Jon Faine just sold went quickly at asking price I'm happy I haven't overpaid...certainly NOT a flipper
    Rev. Dogboy


    1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger! badabec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ongar / England
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Sshhh about this, but if you want to open a locked boot, thump on the boot lid just above the chevrons whilst lifting on the handle. Voila!
    dogboy likes this.

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    melbourne,victoria,australia
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badabec View Post
    Sshhh about this, but if you want to open a locked boot, thump on the boot lid just above the chevrons whilst lifting on the handle. Voila!
    nice one...think you can also remove rear seat squab (upright) and gain access that way
    Rev. Dogboy


    1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

  10. #10
    Member levit8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Aussie
    Posts
    112

    Default

    bloody hell dogboy, grays should include a silver service package at that kind of money
    that was waaay more than my estimate based on those pics (not that im an expert)
    any idea on mileage and do you know what year it is yet
    looks clean though;

  11. #11
    1000+ Posts dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    melbourne,victoria,australia
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by levit8 View Post
    bloody hell dogboy, grays should include a silver service package at that kind of money
    that was waaay more than my estimate based on those pics (not that im an expert)
    any idea on mileage and do you know what year it is yet
    looks clean though;
    Hi there...often grays auctions are at their own premises...this was a deceased estate & the vendor wanted it out...of course I would have liked it to be less...I thought it would go for around $16k given the desirability factor & it has not been on the road since 1977 so being late 68 or 69 means only 8 years use before being laid up...where do you get a DS21BVH like that? your car having everything mine has but with the single h/lights & LHM in some eyes is even more desirable...hence every man and his dog asking you about it...
    It's dirty and will need recommissioning and some more serious money spent i'm sure but it's what I want...only your model (in my eyes... is more desirable)
    My car has been in the shed all those years and this bears up with Jasons inspection...I took a punt...he who dares,etc
    I have taken a risk...don't be afraid of the unknown...take a chance in life...you are dead a long time
    CEyssens and Vincenzo like this.
    Rev. Dogboy


    1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

  12. #12
    Member levit8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Aussie
    Posts
    112

    Default

    no probs mate, i definetely agree with the take a risk strategy as i bought mine sight unseen without even knowing what it was (still didnt know after i got hence original thread) and drove 300kms to buy a fully dismantled citroen d something
    i also agree with the future outlook of yours may be a great deal in a few years like kombis
    all i can really say is good luck and hope its what you expected or even better than as based on the story it should be a gem
    only thing that i have issue with is tyres are not flat as dumb as that sounds

    jeff
    dogboy likes this.

  13. #13
    1000+ Posts daffyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA USA
    Posts
    1,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    You really need to get up there and poke around the shed. I'm betting you find any missing parts from it (that no-one else can identify) sitting in/on/under other cars.

    My favorite spot for car parts ... Is inside other cars around the yard .....

    seeya,
    Shane L.
    This.
    Go get your prize.

  14. #14
    1000+ Posts forumnoreason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ici.
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    its a bit moldy eh? glen20 is excellent on the cuir.
    dogboy likes this.

  15. #15
    1000+ Posts dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    melbourne,victoria,australia
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    its a bit moldy eh? glen20 is excellent on the cuir.
    nevr tried Glen 20!! I had a 3 dial dash BVH some 25 yrs ago and the leather was hard as a rock...I just cleaned with warm soapy water and when dry fed with copius amounts of hide food...I avoided modern leather products that can ruin the stitching...
    Think I used a horse saddle product...
    Half the fun is cleaning it up and reviving her...a bit like waking the dead..
    Rev. Dogboy


    1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

  16. #16
    1000+ Posts dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    melbourne,victoria,australia
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by levit8 View Post
    no probs mate, i definetely agree with the take a risk strategy as i bought mine sight unseen without even knowing what it was (still didnt know after i got hence original thread) and drove 300kms to buy a fully dismantled citroen d something
    i also agree with the future outlook of yours may be a great deal in a few years like kombis
    all i can really say is good luck and hope its what you expected or even better than as based on the story it should be a gem
    only thing that i have issue with is tyres are not flat as dumb as that sounds

    jeff
    Yeah Jeff... you know exactly what I mean.. I have bought sight unseen many times...rarely have I been disappointed but that sort of risk is not for everyone...at least my risk taking is not jumping off a cliff wearing a bat like flight suit...though it's tempting
    you are spot on re tyres...flat tyres are merde...mind you the tilt tray will just pull it up...I expect the exhaust to be wrecked but i'm sure that needs replacing anyway...
    7-14 days before it arrives...can't wait
    Rev. Dogboy


    1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

  17. #17
    Member levit8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Aussie
    Posts
    112

    Default

    what i mean by flat tyres is i wouldve thought they would be completely flat if it had sat in that spot for last 40 years
    obviously thats unless owner had a compressor etc but im thinking if its been parked since mid 70s then owner mustve lost interest in it so common sense tells me he wouldnt bother keeping tyres up
    so my first thought when seeing pics because tyres had air was it had been moved to where it is now for auction so couldve possibly been outside or under a carport etc instead of enclosed shed, but could be completely wrong on all accounts
    just thinking out loud and good luck with it either way

  18. #18
    1000+ Posts dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    melbourne,victoria,australia
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by levit8 View Post
    what i mean by flat tyres is i wouldve thought they would be completely flat if it had sat in that spot for last 40 years
    obviously thats unless owner had a compressor etc but im thinking if its been parked since mid 70s then owner mustve lost interest in it so common sense tells me he wouldnt bother keeping tyres up
    so my first thought when seeing pics because tyres had air was it had been moved to where it is now for auction so couldve possibly been outside or under a carport etc instead of enclosed shed, but could be completely wrong on all accounts
    just thinking out loud and good luck with it either way
    i talked to the vendor today...the owners daughter
    her father died two yrs ago...he moved from sydney and kept the car where it is now..he never lost interest..just his life...he bought the car when it was only a couple of yrs old...she thought it may have been a import as it has stickers from amsterdam on it
    his name was Denise Byrne ..maybe someone in NSW knew him
    his daugfhter was taken to school in the car...lovely to hear some history...this car is the goods and has not been left outside...
    Rev. Dogboy


    1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

  19. #19
    Fellow Frogger! ScotFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elphinstone Victoria
    Posts
    535

    Default

    That's my car Dogboy, only joking but I wish it was my car. A DS21BVH was what I was REALLY looking for before I bought that one from you but no complaints all the same. The one I got from you is more than OK because of complete lack of rust.

    Wouldn't mind visiting to fondle it when you get it home......

    SF
    dogboy likes this.

  20. #20
    1000+ Posts dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    melbourne,victoria,australia
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScotFrog View Post
    That's my car Dogboy, only joking but I wish it was my car. A DS21BVH was what I was REALLY looking for before I bought that one from you but no complaints all the same. The one I got from you is more than OK because of complete lack of rust.

    Wouldn't mind visiting to fondle it when you get it home......

    SF
    Thanks for the comments re the DS I sold you...I'm pleased you are happy with it
    Of course you are more than welcome to fondle her...and even take her for a drive
    I have just been informed that she was treated with kid gloves (the daughter and her husband made sure loose panels were wrapped up) before the tilt tray removed her...ELVIS has left the building...
    It's going to be hard waiting the 7-14 days to see her
    so grateful Cheryl took such care...she obviously has fond memories...LOVE
    Rev. Dogboy


    1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

  21. #21
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Bedford, UK
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Looks like you've got yourself a very nice 69 there Dogboy. I'm a big fan of the earlier dashes. Or to put it more accurately, i'm not a fan of the last dash. I was lucky enough to pick up a 68bvh in 1996 here in the UK for £1700 Before that i had a 69 ID19b, so i also have a soft spot for the 'inbetweener' 69 dash styling.

  22. #22
    1000+ Posts dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    melbourne,victoria,australia
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Budge View Post
    Looks like you've got yourself a very nice 69 there Dogboy. I'm a big fan of the earlier dashes. Or to put it more accurately, i'm not a fan of the last dash. I was lucky enough to pick up a 68bvh in 1996 here in the UK for £1700 Before that i had a 69 ID19b, so i also have a soft spot for the 'inbetweener' 69 dash styling.
    Hi Budge
    I think it may be as good as I hope...I agree..I'm not a fan of the later 3 dial dash...it's just personal taste of course but I feel the earlier DS has more period charm..can't wait for her to arrive
    Rev. Dogboy


    1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

  23. #23
    Fellow Frogger! caparobertsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SOUTH MORANG
    Posts
    793

    Default

    HELLO, Andy, I can see you have bought so many cars...... Are you going to fix them all up? I expect to see you rocking up with at least one of Classic Citroen AT Camberwell market on Sunday! Maybe this is the good one!
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

  24. #24
    1000+ Posts dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    melbourne,victoria,australia
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caparobertsan View Post
    HELLO, Andy, I can see you have bought so many cars...... Are you going to fix them all up? I expect to see you rocking up with at least one of Classic Citroen AT Camberwell market on Sunday! Maybe this is the good one!
    Hi mate...if you think i have a lot of cars you should see my surfboard,skateboard,tin toy collections!!!!!
    some are already done up,some are in good working order but not restored,some are newish and don't need restoring...I have finally realised that I do not have the patience to fully restore a car...finally I have bought my fave (barring the single headlight LHM version) and looking like it's in fairly nice original condition....the best kind are original cars in my view...I intend to have her checked over,fix what is needed to rwc/register and drive..
    It won't be any more than that....now to sell some to pay for one!!!
    Range Rover went to a new home today..so one down
    unlikely i'd take my Citroens in to Camberwell but will bring the cabrio to the next Citroen concours..
    saw your ID on sunday when i drove up Burke rd...gee you get there early!!
    I found a 1920' Michelin tyre lever which i have now donated to John Parsons (who has a old C6)
    Cheers

    URGENT...transport of a DS21 from Cooranbong NSW to Victoria needed ASAP-citroen-tyre-lever.jpgURGENT...transport of a DS21 from Cooranbong NSW to Victoria needed ASAP-fossario.jpgURGENT...transport of a DS21 from Cooranbong NSW to Victoria needed ASAP-michelin-tyre-lever.jpg
    Rev. Dogboy


    1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

  25. #25
    Fellow Frogger! citroenthusiast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona USA
    Posts
    676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    finally I have bought my fave (barring the single headlight LHM version)
    FWIW, Daffyduck has his hands on a completely rust-free '67 2-headlight LHM Pallas with (aftermarket) air conditioning....
    dogboy likes this.
    Cheers,
    John T.

    54 11BL; 61DS19 LHM (son's); 71DS21 BVH; 73SM 3.0; 73SM 2.7EFI; 73SM 3.0 (other son's); 74 Maserati Merak

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •