sphere pressure tester
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default sphere pressure tester

Citmen .Does anyone in our club do sphere testing /regassing? I will travel and pay. its my last chance after two years trying to get road holding to my unbalanced c5x7 .Two dealers wish to extract $$$$$ to do same. There must be some way to solve problem. Being in my 78 th year I dont want to Kark it and go to hell complaining. Regards Tomfrog

Advertisement

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

You may need to build a tester ? I couldn't imagine anyone would have the C5 synthetic fluid in there pressure tester! Unless of course the C5 spheres can tolerate LHM for a short period of time

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

1000+ Posts

Pleiades? Club Sponsors

Fellow Frogger

The spheres on a C5 are riveted closed, so not regassable unless you drill out the rivet and fit a plug such as the Tecnosir offerings. If they are flat, you look for replacements, new or good used, via dealer or other suppliers. Unless you've hit some decent potholes, they seem to last very well, with many early C5s still having original 2001 parts in good working order.

Any dealer who has been around a while would have both LHM and LDS test stations, but it's not going to make a lot of difference with a small volume of LDS and LHM mixing. It's not like mixing LHS/brake fluid with LHM/LDS, which has an ugly outcome when incompatible rubber parts then break down.

If you do the bounce test at each corner you should get some idea as to whether a sphere is dead flat or not. In a Hydractive car that won't necessarily tell you what the middle sphere(s) is like, but you shouldn't experience a very obvious difference between the left and right. If you do, it suggests the 'firm' side is flat or ruptured. Similarly, the front and back should not be so very different, but you'd expect the rear to feel a little softer than the front due to the lower static pressures in the spheres due to less weight there. That can tell you a bit without pulling anything apart.

You'd previously reported there are no obvious issues with bushes, joints and tyres etc., but are you sure the alignment of all four wheels is correct? I've been told of a few later C5/C6s that have seemed to be all over the place on the road and there being a substantial improvement after the alignment. There was no particular event leading to misalignment reported, but it can evidently happen over time.

Fellow Frogger!

David,At last wheel alignment I was told that the left side front was out 2 *?and could not be rectified due to apparent front end impact.Where should you recomend I .go from now? Could be the break tru for problem . Its all rear end jump about and yaw. front sensor?Thanks Geoff.

Fellow Frogger!

David After talking to wheel alignment man I should have no problems with camber angles regarding ride .So back to original question ///Who has a pressure test er for spheres on c5x7? regards Tomfrog.

Thread Information