Pre 09 c5 regulator
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Icon8 Pre 09 c5 regulator

Citmen .Could anyone advise me if pre 09 c5 sedans had pressure regulator problems to suspension spheirs? Two dealers have wanted to fully test system with some magic machine only available from .Citroen central. Do you think It is faulty electrics from anti roll bar as on c5x7 111+.Two years now chasing problem. Regards Tomfrog.

Advertisement
    Last edited by tomfrog; 22nd July 2016 at 04:02 PM.

1000+ Posts

Could one or more spheres be losing pressure? I know they are modern dual membrane spheres, which are not supposed to lose any pressure for ten years (but then go pop!). BTW this would not show up on Lexia (the magic machine) AFAIK...

Really hard to help without a more detailed description of the problem Tom. Firstly (without any attempt to diagnose the fault) - what are the symptoms? What do the driver and passengers experience?

Cheers

Alec

Fellow Frogger!

Armi dillow Rear end twitches and wallows around .Magic machine is special .to citroen.

1000+ Posts

OK - not flat spheres then! Sounds like air in the system (or overgassed spheres).

What effect does putting a heavy load in the boot have? Does it self-level, and does it ride any better?

Fellow Frogger!

armidillo System was bled.Extra weight no difference .

Fellow Frogger!

If the rear wallows around & appears too soft, look at the front spheres. I assume you have checked the rear suspension bushes & bearings for excess play ?
    If the front spheres are down or the height incorrect , it will make the rear appear too soft, as the suspension frequencies are mismatched. This has been so since the introduction of the oleo pneumatic suspension in 1954 on the Big Six, on which they lengthened the front torsion bars to lower it's frequency to make it compatible with the low frequency rear.

R.

Maybe you are just feeling the hydractive system working. When in soft mode, the rear does float around a bit - that's something we all think is desirable in our Citroens only the C5 X7 doesn't do it enough for me. Then if the road surface gets more uneven, it switches to firm mode which is decidedly more twitchy for a while. I'm not really sure that I like hydractive all that much because the ride is a bit unpredictable. My Activa goes from an OK ride to something very sporty when it switches from soft to firm.

Cheers, Ken

Ken that is an interesting observation.

On a recent trip along the New England Hwy and Thunderbolt's Way, I had the opportunity in the C5 to "open her up".

In stiff mode, which is where it usually sits, I saw 170 but it did not feel particularly comfortable, a bit twitchy even, so backed off.

Having been across some roadworks I had put it in soft mode, and forgot about it. Next bit of "opportunity" the car quite happily pulled 185 and still going, sat perfectly well, and still had more to go.

It was only after that did I realise that it was still on the soft setting, which I must say surprised me a bit.

BTW that figure was on the satnav. Speedo showed only 2kmh higher, as always, which is an error of about 1%. This is easily the most accurate meter I have ever seen in a standard car.

Fellow Frogger!

Citmen One thing I felt that on the road home from the dealers was where I usualy use sport mode,. it was too rough. switching to auto , where it was normaly off beat ,car rode a lot better. An improvement if anything . Still feels of no interaction between rear spheirs. Regards Tomfrog

Chaps,
    The C5X7 will change from soft mode to firm mode in either suspension setting. All that changes is the threshold at which this happens. With the switch set to normal, it will take some provoking to go to firm mode, but in sport mode, it will change to firm much more easily. The thresholds are set by a combination of speed, steering turn angle and suspension movement rate.

Cheers, Ken

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Citmen for your replys .The machine from citroen must be a pressure pump ?I have to travel minimun three hours to closest dealer, then sit on bum for dealer to do job $$$$$. Back to the pugs me thinks Regards Tomfrog.

Thread Information