DS workshop manual
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    1000+ Posts George 1/8th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria.
    Posts
    1,389

    Default DS workshop manual

    Hi Froggies, I have a pretty simple question.
    Years ago I owned a DS21 Pallas Hydraulic semi Auto . I also had a manual for that car. I believe it was a Haynes manual.
    I'm about 90% sure that I dismantled the pump for some reason, and rebuilt it all following the instructions in the Haynes manual.
    If I'm correct, the Haynes CX manual has omitted the section on the pump.
    If someone out there has a DS manual(haynes) could you please look up the section on the pump, photocopy it, or scan it, and post it here. That way I could find out if I'm imagining the chapter on the pump, or maybe I'm having a premature 'seniors' moment.
    Cheers....and have a great Easter break everyone. Cheers...George.

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kiama NSW
    Posts
    47

    Default

    George,
    Dont worry, your memory has not gone on you. there is a chapter on rebuilding the DS hydraulic pump. I have the old Kenneth Ball Autobook manual for 66 to 72 (Green cover, no photos only drawings and cross sections etc) which gives a pretty fair coverage. Will try to get it into some form of electronic format for you.
    Ian
    Last edited by IanW; 11th April 2004 at 11:11 PM. Reason: typo

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts George 1/8th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria.
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IanW
    George,
    Dont worry, your memory has not gone on you. there is a chapter on rebuilding the DS hydraulic pump. I have the old Kenneth Ball Autobook manual for 66 to 72 (Green cover, no photos only drawings and cross sections etc) which gives a pretty fair coverage. Will try to get it into some form of electronic format for you.
    Ian
    Thankyou Ian, I really appreciate this. I'm pretty confidant about being able to just go ahead myself, but I think it's wise to read up on it first.
    I don't know why that section on the pump was omitted from the CX manual...probably just an oversight.
    Ian, to make this easy, you could just photocopy the pages on the pump, and fax them to my home fax . It is on a dedicated fax line which is never tied up by the internet because my cable internet is seperate, as is the normal phone. I can send you my fax number by PM.
    Thanks again...cheers...George.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kiama NSW
    Posts
    47

    Default

    George,
    Just re read through the section and it seems reasonably straight forward although probably a fairly fiddly job. I count 4 bearings(3 ball and 1 needle), 15 springs and 18 seals in there not to mention the pistons, pushrods, spring caps valves etc.
    I will try and fax the relevant pages down tomorrow if I can get to the photocopier.
    Ian

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts George 1/8th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria.
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IanW
    George,
    Just re read through the section and it seems reasonably straight forward although probably a fairly fiddly job. I count 4 bearings(3 ball and 1 needle), 15 springs and 18 seals in there not to mention the pistons, pushrods, spring caps valves etc.
    I will try and fax the relevant pages down tomorrow if I can get to the photocopier.
    Ian
    Thanks Ian,
    I appreciate that and I look forward to reading it too. Cheers...George

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kiama NSW
    Posts
    47

    Default

    George,
    you should have 4 pages of hydraulic pump on your fax machine. Good luck with the job. By the way what is the problem with your pump, usually those old seven piston jobs were pretty near indestructible. Cant say the same abot the single cylinder CX 2200 Super pumps though. Still remember the cloud of white smoke I left down the freeway when one bolt sheared and the top popped off the one on my first CX. Right over the top of the exhaust is not a good place to put a pump! Only time I ever needed to tow a CX home in over 10 years daily driving.
    Ian

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts George 1/8th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria.
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IanW
    George,
    you should have 4 pages of hydraulic pump on your fax machine. Good luck with the job. By the way what is the problem with your pump, usually those old seven piston jobs were pretty near indestructible. Cant say the same abot the single cylinder CX 2200 Super pumps though. Still remember the cloud of white smoke I left down the freeway when one bolt sheared and the top popped off the one on my first CX. Right over the top of the exhaust is not a good place to put a pump! Only time I ever needed to tow a CX home in over 10 years daily driving.
    Ian
    Got the fax Ian, thanks. I'm going to photocopy the 4 pages as faxs don't last too well.
    The photocopies will become an appendix to my CX manual. I don't understand why Haynes omitted this part from the CX manual. It makes little sense to me.
    The problem with the pump is that it leaks LHM. It pumps well but continually drips LHM. It's only the front bearing and seals/o rings that leak.
    I just want to stop the leaking.
    Thanks again...cheers...George.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kiama NSW
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Let us know how the rebuild goes George. Looks like its fairly straightforward to get to the shaft seals but then again those cunning french devils can make the easy things difficult at times. Makes up for the difficult things they make easy I suppose.
    Cheers
    Ian

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts George 1/8th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria.
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IanW
    Let us know how the rebuild goes George. Looks like its fairly straightforward to get to the shaft seals but then again those cunning french devils can make the easy things difficult at times. Makes up for the difficult things they make easy I suppose.
    Cheers
    Ian
    Hi Ian, I think I have thought up a method of replacing what needs replacing but without stuffing around with the pistons and cylinders. What I'll do is a step by step process with plenty of pictures, and I'll post it all here. I'm not going to do a complete overhaul...that's not necessary.
    It'll be good fun again of course..thanks to the French.
    Where would we be without our fantastic French cars to drive..and play with etc.
    Cheers...George.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •