• Help
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By UFO
  • 1 Post By UFO
  • 1 Post By robmac
  • 2 Post By Greg C

Thread: CitroŽn Origins website launched

Default CitroŽn Origins website launched

Might be worth a look - although it is the usual CitroŽn website obsession with Flash. When will they learn?

Advertisement

Interactive website allows people to explore Citroenís history, with its most iconic and important models detailed

From the first 10HP Type A to the latest E-Mehari concept car, Citroen has digitised a number of car from its extensive history for a new fully interactive website, called Citroen Origins.

PSA, Citroenís parent company, recently announced that it was beginning to ramp up its heritage efforts with a new dedicated department to LíAventure Peugeot Citroen DS. Peugeot already has an excellent museum open to the public, located in the old Sochaux factory, and Citroenís Conservatoire is currently undergoing a major transformation.

This new website celebrates Citroenís eclectic car history in a fair amount of detail, including a 360-degree photographs of the interior and exterior. There are also various sound effects for each car, including engine start, door closing and horn sounds. Delve deeper and you can discover photographs and brochures from the Citroen archives, including some interesting images of pre-production prototypes and one-off concepts.

One Citroen that is notable by its absence however is the DS. While the company has built a whole new luxury brand around the iconic model, it does leave Citroenís back catalogue feeling a little bit disjointed.

Take a look at the website here: www.citroenorigins.co.uk
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

1000+ Posts

Where does Citroen go for such bad web sites? When viewed from a desktop browser, I was asked to rotate my phone. I'll give it a miss.

The website needs a lot more work.

At the moment it totally lacks the "Citroen innovation" , we are so used to in their cars. And for me it's uselessly slow to load images.

I'll "score" it 6 out a possible 10 in current form.

UFO

I know, let's COMPLETELY ignore the most iconic and innovative car we have ever made.

They even gloss over the existence of the DS by referring to the hydraulic suspension (in the comfort section) as being introduced in the Big 6H and then a vague mention of the C5 Hydractive III (which is now deleted)

What a pack of ******s. Looks like a good way to upset a tribe of loyal buyers.
    GreenBlood likes this.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

UFO

And the information that is there is crap too. Apparently the XM only had a 1998cc inline four cylinder engine capable of 127MPH - yeah right!. IIRC the XM had about 10 engine variations including turbo petrol, turbo diesel (2 variants), 3 different V6s, three gearbox variations (at least).

Marketing bullshit.
    GreenBlood likes this.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

And.. I'm not even a-dyed-in-the-wool Citroen fan and my attraction to Af came via a Peugeot attachment.

But I sure have learned one hell of a lot since joining some 12 years ago.
    UFO likes this.

ouch ouch and ouch. I like the interior zooms, I like the organisation of information but; the missing minor detail of the D as Craig has pointed out is cringe worthy. Why oh why is it not included? Frankly quite bizarre.

Argh FLASH. We use HTML5 now guys. Much better. The CX section is a bit light on. Need to get some enthusiasts in there to rewrite the text, obviously done by the marketing department. I have regarded them as a pack of idiots since they melted the chevrons
    old coot and UFO like this.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Have you disabled Flash in your browser?
    2011 Citroen C5 - 'La Barge'

Thread Information