Windscreen wiper rubber blade removal
  • Register
  • Help

Default Windscreen wiper rubber blade removal

I've found it easy to remove the wiper arms/blades from my 2011Comfort C5, but I can't see how to remove the end clip(s) to enable me to slide the rubber wiper blades out and replace them with new ones. Grateful for advice.

Advertisement

I had assumed that these aero style wipers were a sealed unit.

Last time I visited Supercheap, I found they are now stocking this type of wiper with the right clip connector to fit on a C5 X7.

I have just been replacing the whole wiper - that doesn't mean that I've quite thrown out the old ones yet - haha.

Cheers, Ken

Oh Thanks for that Ken. I'll check it out this week. Suppose I could check with Repco which is local for me. Just assumed no one would have a replacement other than a dealer. I'll report back in due course.

Allen

1000+ Posts

The originals were Valeo. Tridon do them and you won't tell the difference, not even down to the embossed part number.

Thanks. I'll check that out too. Tridon don't seem to have a retailer's list. But one or other of Repco, SuperCheap, AutoPro will probably know about them. I seem to be having a problem with smearing on the windscreen. Have tried various things, the latest being AutoGlym windscreen and glass cleaner. It works briefly, and then the smearing begins to gradually appear again, although a bit less. I'm wondering whether it is because I wash the C5 with a Wash 'n' Wax product. I suppose ther must be something that will remove the residue.

1000+ Posts

Have a look for Tridon Flexblade TFB28TL top lock pinch tab. They fit my X7. You squeeze the two tabs on the side and it pulls off.

Thread Information