Suspension Fluid leak 2005 C5 rear wheel
  • Register
  • Help

Default Suspension Fluid leak 2005 C5 rear wheel

Hi fellow frogers, I have been looking at some posts on my problem of a fluid leak. Would anyone have some diagrames or pictures on how to remove suspension boot & piston and replace o ring. It`s a small leak that has started recently and I can not see any damage to the tubes or boot, just seeping fluid near clamp.

Advertisement

Do you have the Haynes manual? Pages 10.11 to 10.12 have good pictures and instructions on how to remove the strut. I was knocked back for the blue slip rego check for a leaky strut, replaced the torn boot and thought job over. Turned out it is still leaking from the end of the boot at the clamp you mention so I will need to replace the seals. Appears that there are three seals so not sure where you get a kit. I found continental cars to be very helpful with parts, the service was first class so worth a call.

Thanks for the reply. No I do not have a Haynes manual. I was hoping this would be a easy fix. I removed the boot clamp and cleaned away the small amount of fluid then replaced the clamp a few days ago and so far no new fluid has reappeared. I live on the NSW /Qld boarder so I have my car registered in QLD with no annual inspection required. But I do like to keep it in top order.

Thread Information