C4 Picasso - anti pollution system faulty??
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bobsie

Thread: C4 Picasso - anti pollution system faulty??

  1. #1
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    SALAMANDER BAY
    Posts
    3

    Icon5 C4 Picasso - anti pollution system faulty??

    Hi all, bit of a bind here ! I have placed my 2009 c4 Picasso hdi up for sale however it now has the engine light come on, and the error of anti pollution system faulty. Now here is the really strange thing. If i take out the Parker lights, start the car with the lights on auto and then replace the lamps the light goes out ???

    Advertisement


    This is a repeatible action and result. Now the light might come on again in 2km, might take 100 but I can follow the same steps and the light goes back out. Was advised that the turbo would need to be replaced $5kish...??? Can anyone shed any light or have seen this issue?

    regards

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    sorrento
    Posts
    98

    Default

    The battery needs to be 100% . Slightly down batteries produce all sorts of strange things especially warning lights.
    There was a post here recently about the anti pollution light and a poor battery even though other electrical items seemed OK
    UFO likes this.
    1950 Light 15 - Blanche 'Claude'
    1949 Light 15 - Noir 'Emilie'
    1982 2CV Special - Lagune Bleu 'Daffie'
    2007 C4 HDI EGS - Rouge Lucifer
    1968 Velo Solex 3800 - Noir

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Hi,
    May or not may be related, but the anti pollution warning light came on and stayed on just before the battery in my C4 HDI gave up the ghost. The car was still driving okay with no obvious issues. Once the new battery was put in the warning light went out.
    Do you know how old the battery is?
    Glenn

  4. #4
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    SALAMANDER BAY
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gembee View Post
    Hi,
    May or not may be related, but the anti pollution warning light came on and stayed on just before the battery in my C4 HDI gave up the ghost. The car was still driving okay with no obvious issues. Once the new battery was put in the warning light went out.
    Do you know how old the battery is?
    Glenn
    Battery is just over a year old. I started coming on just after the timing belt was done will have a look at battery

  5. #5
    sans witticism SLC206's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North Parramatta
    Posts
    3,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robneilz View Post
    Now here is the really strange thing. If i take out the Parker lights, start the car with the lights on auto and then replace the lamps the light goes out ???
    Can I ask how you came up with this solution?
    Regards,

    Simon

    2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

    www.peugeotclub.asn.au

  6. #6
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    SALAMANDER BAY
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    Can I ask how you came up with this solution?
    One of the Parker lights was blown and I replaced it the light went out... Thought that was strange! When it came back on thought can't hurt..... Took out and placed back and it turned off.. ;-(

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •