Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By garyk
  • 1 Post By shanadoo
  • 1 Post By SLC206

Thread: E Tag Location on 2004 C5

Fellow Frogger!

Default E Tag Location on 2004 C5

Hi

I live in the Sydney region with its toll roads and have gotten a E Tag for the automated tolling.

Advertisement

However it doesn't work in the position specified by the Roads and Maritime Services.

Can anyone tell me where on the windshield it should be located.

Regards

Alan

1000+ Posts

If it's like the 206, under the rear view mirror. That's the bit without the athermic coating. Where do they say?

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

The spotty bit next to the RVM
    UFO likes this.
    Once upon a time:

Many R4s (incl. fourgonnette), R5LS, R16TS.

GS 1015, 1220, sedans and wagons.
    CX 2200, 2400.
    ID 1966, 1969, DS21H, DSpecial, DS23 Pallas.
    C5 2002, 2004 petrol and diesel.
    D Special 1974
    Xantia Activa 1998 (look out Gulargambone)
    GS 5 speed sedan (what a tale)
    1986 2CV6
    CX25GTi 1985 auto
    CX2500 IE Pallas 1985 auto
    DS23EFI 1975 Pallas

And now:

C5 2.2 HDI 2005 wagon
    DS23 1973 Pallas

I've got mine placed centrally behind the mirror. No problems.

SF

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by 120L View Post
    Hi

I live in the Sydney region with its toll roads and have gotten a E Tag for the automated tolling.

However it doesn't work in the position specified by the Roads and Maritime Services.

Regards

Alan
    Hi Alan Govia toll up here told me the beeper won't work on that model Citroen, and mine didn't, so took the worry out of it and went for number plate recognition on all our cars. That way the sensor won't go beep when you drive alongside the toll road either.
    UFO likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 120L View Post
    Hi

Regards

Alan
    Hi Alan,
    I have the E Tags located on the passenger side of the mirror in the 'hatched' section of the windscreen on all the cars. The mirror takes them out of the eye line of the driver and they are above the eyeliner of the passenger (esp. if they have the visor down). The cars, including the 2004 Estate, have been driven on toll roads in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne and never failed to beep when going through a toll detection point.

I have included a picture of the one on the 2004 C5.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E Tag Location on 2004 C5-e_tag_location_c5.jpg  
    Anthony O'Brien
    2019 C4 Cactus
    2008 C5
    2007 C4
    2004 C5 Estate

Previous
    2003 C5
    2004 C2 (now with youngest son)
    2006 C2 (now with eldest son)

No idea why the image appears in the post upside down. Tried to attached a 'rotated' one and it still comes in upside down.
    Here is a dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdbxrp3ech...on_C5.JPG?dl=0

Anthony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E Tag Location on 2004 C5-e_tag_location_c5_rotated.jpg   E Tag Location on 2004 C5-e_tag_location_c5.jpg  
    Anthony O'Brien
    2019 C4 Cactus
    2008 C5
    2007 C4
    2004 C5 Estate

Previous
    2003 C5
    2004 C2 (now with youngest son)
    2006 C2 (now with eldest son)

Quote Originally Posted by shanadoo View Post
    That way the sensor won't go beep when you drive alongside the toll road either.
    I've never had a toll reader register driving on a road next to a toll scanner. I'd go so far as to say it won't happen.

How does number plate recognition (NPR) work on "other" motorways, ie. ones that your toll account does not belong too? Will your NPR work without an admin fee in say, Victoria, Sydney, etc?

I'd still be opting for the physical reader - and placing it in the hatched area as mentioned - to be on the safe side.
    Last edited by SLC206; 26th June 2016 at 05:00 PM.
    UFO likes this.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Fellow Frogger!

Thank you very much for the information. Much appreciated.

Regards

Alan

Fellow Frogger!

SLC26
    'I've never had a toll reader register driving on a road next to a toll scanner. I'd go so far as to say it won't happen'.

How does number plate recognition (NPR) work on "other" motorways, ie. ones that your toll account does not belong too? Will your NPR work without an admin fee in say, Victoria, Sydney, etc?

First In Sydney and I've seen 2 separate monthly accounts from 2 private vehicles to prove it happens. Despite the powers that be stating to the contrary I go with NPR to be sure.

If your beeper works for a particular road so will NPR. If the road is managed by someone other than the one you have an account for, then the beeper won't work either will it not.

Don't know about NPR for other states but Govia here claim their beeper will work anywhere in Aus so NPR should work. Hah maybe a case of woolie vision but I've used Qld NPR on Sydney's toll roads with no problems.

No admin fee in QLD, at least I've never paid it, don't know about those 'cheaper to live in places' anything could be on the cards.

Go with whatever suits you, but up here in Queezland the beeper won't work on certain types of metallic screens. They have a list of models if anyone want's to call them, or so a rep told me.
    Last edited by shanadoo; 1st July 2016 at 11:56 AM.

1000+ Posts

In Sydney, if your tag doesn't register, you'll be charged extra - even if it's their gadget that doesn't work. That's one of the many ways NSW makes up for subsidising other states. The computer looks up the camera image, and either sends a fine or an admin fee.

Quote Originally Posted by shanadoo View Post
    If the road is managed by someone other than the one you have an account for, then the beeper won't work either will it not.

Don't know about NPR for other states but Govia here claim their beeper will work anywhere in Aus so NPR should work. Hah maybe a case of woolie vision but I've used Qld NPR on Sydney's toll roads with no problems.

No admin fee in QLD, at least I've never paid it, don't know about those 'cheaper to live in places' anything could be on the cards.

Go with whatever suits you, but up here in Queezland the beeper won't work on certain types of metallic screens. They have a list of models if anyone want's to call them, or so a rep told me.
    I didn't say NPR wouldn't work - I simply asked whether another toll operator would charge an admin fee for its use on another toll operator's road.

For example the M5 motorway in Sydney will charge you 55c as well as the toll to match a number plate to a tag, if your car is not carrying a tag. I'm sure every toll operator is slightly different.

All tags (beepers) will work on any toll operator's road in Australia, from what I understand.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

1000+ Posts

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    In Sydney, if your tag doesn't register, you'll be charged extra - even if it's their gadget that doesn't work. That's one of the many ways NSW makes up for subsidising other states. The computer looks up the camera image, and either sends a fine or an admin fee.

Maybe they feel sorry for a poor old pensioner up here. I've had 2 additional payments added to my NPR account of late, my fault because I've got this thing about typing rego numbers back to front. Like my bank balance, all the zeros are in front. So I rang accounts to pay and, they wavered the charges, so they bloody should.
    But i see they now charge for NPR, on 4 tolls it cost me a total of $1.85 extra.

Thread Information