Citroen Info Rapid procedures
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jaahn
  • 1 Post By jaahn

Thread: Citroen Info Rapid procedures

Default Citroen Info Rapid procedures

Is there a repository - whether official or not - of the Citroen Info Rapid procedures ?

Our new to us C3 has a service receipt with record of the Info Rapid procedure d6aw3qo being performed, but no mention of what was done. I believe it would have been a modification to the tail light assembly to fix the common PSA issue of the earth wire / circuit being too weak, but would just like to look it up - and any other potential procedures, without having to call a dealer every time.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Justin

Advertisement
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

1000+ Posts

Grab Info'Rapids whenever you spot them, because PSA also looks, in order to take them down. For a while a UK forum had a library, but they succumbed to threats. They should have reposted them to usenet, or to an eastern European repo, but car forums aren't usually computer aware.

The repair procedures are so "rapid" so can't you see the repair being carried out any documentation about it ?

Seriously, what is the mentality of a manufacturer that attempts to conceal from owners what is being done to their vehicles?

Something is very f**cked up with customer service department. And /or company ethics.

Is it not in the chargeable documentation?

1000+ Posts

Awesome - thanks ! Looks like 2 X 5 litre bottles will do 3 changes...maybe....

Cheers

Justin
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring

Lots of good doco in that directory...

The following one is interesting relating to the AL4 :

308 - B2CB010FP0 - Identification - Data : AL4 automatic gearbox

It states 'CAUTION : Special semi-synthetic based oil that does not mix with another oil. The gearbox is lubricated for life. '

Now I was going to use Penrite ATF FS (Fully Synthetic) but am now having doubts that it will mix - even with 3 changes potentially.

Cheers

Justin
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by N5GTi6 View Post
    Lots of good doco in that directory...

The following one is interesting relating to the AL4 :

It states 'CAUTION : Special semi-synthetic based oil that does not mix with another oil. The gearbox is lubricated for life. '

Now I was going to use Penrite ATF FS (Fully Synthetic) but am now having doubts that it will mix - even with 3 changes potentially.

Cheers

Justin

Hi Justin
    I and many on here have used Penrite Multi FS ATF and found it good. Many times over quite a few years. PSA like to imply that their oil is special but in reality IMHO it was very ordinary quality even when it was new in the late 90s. Now it is even less desirable. And to add insult to injury the dealers and some others can charge huge amounts for it. Almost unbelievable charges/ltr !! because PSA says that rubbish !
    Jaahn
    CC207 likes this.

1000+ Posts

Mobil ATF LT 71141 is the stuff the box designers had in mind, and is used in other transmissions beside the AL4. It is semi-synthetic and is available in 5L and 20L containers without going near dealers. I suspect that people are using the Penrite product because the corner shop doesn't stock the Mobil. It is newer and might be better - I don't know.

1000+ Posts

Default Oils ain't oils !

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Mobil ATF LT 71141 is the stuff the box designers had in mind, and is used in other transmissions beside the AL4. It is semi-synthetic and is available in 5L and 20L containers without going near dealers. I suspect that people are using the Penrite product because the corner shop doesn't stock the Mobil. It is newer and might be better - I don't know.
    Hi
    When i purchased my C5 I bought a 20ltr drum of Esso LT 71141 for about $150 from the local distributer. I used it in the C5 and my daughters VW which also had that oil recommended. Got a few changes out of the drum but it ran out after a while.(still have a liter or so left !) That oil was then not being imported and became hard to find, none in NSW was the distributers reply.

So I did some research and converted to the Penrite Multi FS ATF. worked just the same and so I continued to use it as did quite a few on AFs. Then along came a new poster offering the LT 71141 for some rediculous price IMHO. So I found no reason to go back to it when I could buy the other at my local stores and it had proven good.

Here is a quote from the old thread "
    following on
    i have found a supplier of esso lt 71141 atf, Imperial Oils have it in stock in 20ltr, bit pricey at $550 for 20ltr but cheaper than buying it in 1lt bottles at $37 a ltr.
    i will now change the oil in my c5 trans and hope to avoid a costly rebuild.
    Brian

So price it before you order !!
    Jaahn
    CC207 likes this.

Thread Information