Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By GreenBlood
  • 1 Post By UFO
  • 2 Post By Hotrodelectric
  • 2 Post By GreenBlood
  • 1 Post By UFO

Thread: Remove window from ID21 Safari rear door

Default Remove window from ID21 Safari rear door

I got the window out of the front door, but the rear door with squarish windows (and tracks) is a mystery to me. Anyone have instructions or a video. Will appreciate HOWTO getting the windows (front & rear) reinstalled. Thanks

Advertisement

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by jameswalmann View Post
    I got the window out of the front door, but the rear door with squarish windows (and tracks) is a mystery to me. Anyone have instructions or a video. Will appreciate HOWTO getting the windows (front & rear) reinstalled. Thanks
    Front and rear door glass removal is much the same.

Language is Dutch but you should get the gist of what is going on. . . using English subtitles can be entertaining

Cheers
    Chris
    UFO and Hotrodelectric like this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

UFO

You're perhaps not:

• swearing enough
    • created enough open wounds
    • dropped essential tools on the ground which have then rolled under the car just out of reach

Ron Boulton likes this.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thanks so much for your timely and video response. Wow, 2 clips did the trick, plus the specialty tool to pry open the U-Clamp. I used a tube from a wind chime (Patty was not too happy) and a little duct tape to make the diameter exact. QED Where do I send a donation for this valuable information? Thanks again.

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    You're perhaps not:

• swearing enough
    • created enough open wounds
    • dropped essential tools on the ground which have then rolled under the car just out of reach

That's usually to the exact geographic center of the car, and it isn't just "out of reach", nono. That normally happens when one of your hands, if not both is busily holding something that you juuuuust got aligned, and if you let go, you need to go through that process all. over. again.

As for cussing enough, I can do that in English, German, Spanish and French. Plus, dad was a US Marine. So there.
    UFO and TimS like this.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

QED Where do I send a donation for this valuable information?
    San Diego, California. 92114
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by jameswalmann View Post
    Thanks so much for your timely and video response. Wow, 2 clips did the trick, plus the specialty tool to pry open the U-Clamp. I used a tube from a wind chime (Patty was not too happy) and a little duct tape to make the diameter exact. QED Where do I send a donation for this valuable information? Thanks again.
    Credit for the video Films - DS Technisch Team Egbert is building quite a library of informative 'DIY' videos.
    Also check the Dutch forum, quite active with some very knowledgeable members Citroen-Forum.nl - Citroën ID/DS

*A tip from that site for the door spring clamp is to use the top part and stay of your jack stand - I've not tried this in practice, but it should be quite feasible and a tool all D owners have in their kit.

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Remove window from ID21 Safari rear door-ds-door-spring-clamp.jpg  
    UFO and daffyduck like this.
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    credit for the video films - ds technisch team egbert is building quite a library of informative 'diy' videos.
    Also check the dutch forum, quite active with some very knowledgeable members citroen-forum.nl - citroën id/ds

*a tip from that site for the door spring clamp is to use the top part and stay of your jack stand - i've not tried this in practice, but it should be quite feasible and a tool all d owners have in their kit.

cheers
    chris
    brilliant!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Icon11

Just a curious observation - your quoting of my post above is in lowercase - bit weird

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    Just a curious observation - your quoting of my post above is in lowercase - bit weird

Cheers
    Chris
    Yes I thought it weird too. Something was going weird on my PC at the time. I know I typed BRILLIANT, but it came out lower case but did not check the quoted section of your post. Curious. Or is that cURIOUS? Prehpas w'ell nevre konw?
    GreenBlood likes this.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information