• Register
  • Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Hotrodelectric
  • 1 Post By Hotrodelectric

Thread: Latest edition of 814 (1974)

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Default Latest edition of 814 (1974)

Years of searching and I FINALLY have a copy of 814 (1974) with the Slough RHD wire diagrams. Hell, yes!!!

Advertisement

Link Here
    GreenBlood and Don B. Cilly like this.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

I don't have a home dropbox account to check but aren't they the manuals scanned by many of us and tidied up by Tony Jackson that you probably already knew about?

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Wilkinson View Post
    I don't have a home dropbox account to check but aren't they the manuals scanned by many of us and tidied up by Tony Jackson that you probably already knew about?

Roger
    I was able to get them downloaded as PDF without the Dropbox. I wound up having to click 'Download', then outside the area of the popup to get that to cancel, then click 'Download' again. I have Dropbox courtesy of Craig K, but I didn't feel like opening the program or bothering with the password.

Those might be from Tony Jackson, but the addition of the later RHD diagrams tells me not. Everything I have from Jackson didn't have these later RHD diagrams. They're by way of Darrin Brownhill, contact him for a workaround if you can't get past Dropbox.

I am not unhappy. You know well this sort of stuff is difficult to find.This is now the latest 814 I have (March '74 for -1, Dec '74 for -2).
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

I have been collecting this stuff for 20 years and now have a pretty comprehensive set of D series manuals. I have original hardcopies of both of those, same publication dates.

I agree with you about the dramas of Dropbox. Tony Jackson had to go that way because people were abusing his old site by not following his request to keep local copies of the manuals and downloading them repeatedly, which regularly exceeded the download limit of the old host site. Hence he now uses Dropbox. I do have a Dropbox account I use for work, so could use that if necessary.

I would be surprised if Darrin maintained a set of online manuals separately from Tony, but you never know. At this stage I am not going to download Tony's to see what is there now.

Anyway, I am glad you are happy. Keep the smoke inside the wires.

Roger

Fellow Frogger

The March 74 version of 814-1 that I last downloaded was dated November 2014. If you click on the link per Darrin for 814-1, it notes last updated 7 weeks ago, so it may be a recently updated version. If you go in through the 'front door',
    https://sites.google.com/site/citroenpublicationslist/
    and find the 814 folder you see the file listed is also updated 7 weeks ago.

For both parts of 814, go to.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tv0b25gpm...14-manual?dl=0

Darrin's links were given in 2011 and they are direct links to the files in that folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    Years of searching and I FINALLY have a copy of 814 (1974) with the Slough RHD wire diagrams. Hell, yes!!!

Link Here
    Nice find Bill, a really clear and coloured 6 + 2 fuse diagram for our late RHD cars - someone has gone to a heap of trouble preparing that, I've not come across it previously - Brilliant!!!

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Latest edition of 814 (1974)-ds-rhd-6-2-wiring.jpg  
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    Nice find Bill, a really clear and coloured 6 + 2 fuse diagram for our late RHD cars - someone has gone to a heap of trouble preparing that, I've not come across it previously - Brilliant!!!

Cheers
    Chris
    Truly. That's what I was so chuffed about. I don't know who it was that created that or found it first- Mick Popka, Andy Jackson, Darrin Brownhill- but I want very much to shake their hand and buy them a beer. 814 isn't so rare, but that diagram is. It along with the wire schedule explains a lot of things, electrically on the RHD cars.
    GreenBlood likes this.

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    Truly. That's what I was so chuffed about. I don't know who it was that created that or found it first- Mick Popka, Andy Jackson, Darrin Brownhill- but I want very much to shake their hand and buy them a beer. 814 isn't so rare, but that diagram is. It along with the wire schedule explains a lot of things, electrically on the RHD cars.
    It's a beauty Bill, a heap of improved diagrams for hydraulic components too, also many coloured for clarification - but yes the wiring diagrams wow!!

Already printed out A3 copies and laminated

Dead chuffed thanks for the link and thanks to those who were part of making it available

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

1000+ Posts

Another simple way of getting them.
    I just cut and pasted the dropbox addresses into a downloader. The trick is to tell your downloader to not check the certificate.

I had no problem downloading. Just ignored the signup bit.
    They're searchable. Great stuff.

[Correction] 814-1 is searchable, -2 does not seem to be.
    Last edited by Don B. Cilly; 2nd June 2016 at 01:10 AM.

1000+ Posts

I can search No2. There are page thumbnails also. The file, PDF-1.6 format, was created by Acrobat 4.0 Capture Plug-in for Windows in 2000, modified January 2016.

Unfortunately the fonts were NOT embedded which will give poor display. A common problem.

Thread Information