2002 C5 heater flap
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 2002 C5 heater flap

Hi guys just seeing if anybody out there knows if you can buy heater flaps for a 2002 Citroen C5 ???
    They are not the 6480E3 kit

Advertisement

Can i ask why do you need the flaps, normaly the motor strips the shaft and a new design motor is available to fix this

Via the aussiefrogs App
    2016 Cactus
    2003 Range rover l322
    1974 D special
    1971 D special
    1992 CX TGE Safari
    1961 ID19
    1972 DS21 Safari
    1965 Renault R4
    1923 Citroen B2
    1927 B14
    Massey ferguson 550

Tadpole

Hi the flap shaft is fracked all the way down the shaft in 2 places 2002 C5 heater flap-image.jpg

Fellow Frogger

Balki is alluding to the original motor having a short peg (1/2 inch), that sometimes rounded out the end of the flap shaft. The replacement motor was the same motor unit unit with a long peg (about 1 inch), double the original length. That pushes further into the end of the flap shaft and corrects the problem without the extremely expensive job or removing the AC/heater box. The usual symptom is hot air on one side and cold on the other. You could make up your own extension peg and I am fairly sure it has been covered in a couple of older threads.

EDIT: If it has broken to the point of not accepting the long peg and you can't patch it or strap it together, you want to look for a used heater box.
    Last edited by David S; 29th May 2016 at 02:27 PM.

Tadpole

Thanks for the reply guys it wasn't a hard job getting the flap out only took a hour and a half to do
    but the flap is split down the whole length of the shaft in 2 places and even split along the outside so when it turns it kind of acts like a drum brake and jams against the case so it's had its day i think the only way i think it could be saved is with a speedi sleeve
    so you can't get these flaps new ??? it's a whole new heater box ?? Citroen Brisbane say its a new box but the seem confused at the same time
    do these early normally split or should a second hand one be ok ??
    or does anyone know if the later 2004 heater box will fit in with same mounting points ??

1000+ Posts

You might be able to rebuild the old split part by just aralditing it together ( two part epoxy resin) . I'd still bind it at the working end with a speedi sleeve. I repaired mine by adding a small handmade extension piece to ensure that the servo was turning the flap. I had to do one for each of the two servo motors.
    That's an interesting description about the split part acting like a brake drum. That's not supposed to happen, but it would surely stop things happening.

Tadpole

thanks for the reply guys I have got myself another C5 that had a tree fall on it and looks like the flap isn't cracked from first looks yay think I am going to put a speedy sleeve on the new one to help it not crack

Thread Information