C5 (X7) brake rotors
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ken W
  • 1 Post By AllenM

Thread: C5 (X7) brake rotors

Default C5 (X7) brake rotors

Hey again....just tapping into the communal knowledge out there ...I shortly will need to replace the rear rotors on my car. No probs I thought, I'll just call my usual supplier (Brake Parts Australia) as they import components for a lot of cars....but no compatible reference??

Any ideas? This isn't a dealer only item is it? Maybe a Peugeot 508 part is the same?

Advertisement

Cheers again!

Tony

Try Caravelle or EAI in Melbourne or for local call John Walton at DS Motors and see what he can get you. Have your VIN ready when you call.

Otherwise, create yourself a independent mechanic account on service.citroen.com, plug in your VIN, get the part numbers and google or ebay search the part number.

Cheers, Ken
    antonio likes this.

Thanks Ken, should have thought of that myself!

Here is a previous thread on the topic of actually doing the job.

C5 X7 - replace rear discs and pads - easy or hard?

Cheers, Ken

1000+ Posts

Quinton Hazell are the easiest to find here, and EAI in Sydney 02 9481 8400, or Melbourne, mentioned above, can supply them and put them on a courier - EAI: Quinton Hazell. They have the pads also.

The rear calipers are fixed, German Teves, not the common floating, but the job is simple. Two things I have found - be creative or persevere if a ridge on the outer disc stops the pads sliding out easily, and have a piston tool ready to wind in the handbrake adjustment on the piston. It isn't essential but it is difficult without it. There are a few brands, like this:
    C5 (X7) brake rotors-brake_piston_wind_back.jpg

Most important of all - disable the automatic parking brake! Totally! If it operates with the brakes dismantled, you will roger the whole expensive thing.
    Last edited by seasink; 26th May 2016 at 07:44 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

If you haven’t made a move already perhaps these addresses will help. I have used bhss and found them very good. Without the piston rewind tool you will really struggle. I have used 100mm grinder to remove enough of the lip to get the rotor out of the caliper.

BHSS Automotive Engineering - Home

Giantz Universal Disc Brake Caliper Piston Rewind Tool KIT SET Auto Windback CAR | eBay

addo likes this.

Second link is good, that's what I was referring Stuey to yesterday but your price is better by 2/3.

Guys thanks for the feedback. If anyone is interested here is what I have been quoted:

BPA - Brake Parts Aust - nothing compatible
    EAI - $265
    Imparts - $251
    BHSS - $240

These quotes are for rear rotors and pads; both EAI and Imparts checked against VIN to make sure of accuracy, BHSS would need me to measure the rotors first to be sure. All three have the parts in stock although EAI have to freight from Melbourne (included in quote) whereas Imparts are at Eagle Farm.

Cheers!

1000+ Posts

Thanks for that. I didn't know that Imparts could help with Citroen. Which brand are the pads and discs?

..update...Future Automotive can do parts for $245 and labour $140...they are welcome to the mess and hassle; I have Uni assignments to get done!

Thread Information