• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CXVingtCinq

Thread: CX 2500 paint disc location

Default CX 2500 paint disc location

Hi Everyone,

Advertisement

I need help in locating the paint code disk on a CX2500. I've searched up and down and can't find it!

I'm over Thunderbox and it looks like it might be a better long term option than the "Red Rocket" that I currently have on the road - just need to make sure I like the paint colour...

btw, does anyone know the history of this car? It goes better than any CX I have driven before, very, very clean engine bay and lots of new rubber under the bonnet. Someone has put a lot of love into this car at some point

Cheers,
    Andrew

Driving - '90 XM, '85 CX IE Auto, 406 Coupe, 405 srdt wagon, '78 dyane, Resting (or Rusting): '73 Birotor '82 CX Presitige, '81 CX Break IE, GS X2, GS1015 Wagon, GS 1300 5sp Wagon, '76 GS 1220 Wagon, '75 GS Wagon, '58 2CV, '58 Vauxhall Velox

Hi Andrew
    AFAIK it should be rubber stamped onto your inner wheel arch, can't remember which side but from memory other side will be your ORGA.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Early cars had a stamped aluminium disc riveted to the firewall on the RHS. I moved mine to the inner guard in front of the front sub frame mount.
    Cheers Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
    btw, does anyone know the history of this car? It goes better than any CX I have driven before, very, very clean engine bay and lots of new rubber under the bonnet. Someone has put a lot of love into this car at some point

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Hi Andrew,

The car was purchased from a semi retired mechanic before the rally. The Thunderbox team will have his contact details!

Cheers,
    Fed

Ok, Got it. It's painted on the right hand side inner guard below, just below where the front sub-frame bolts on. GNT = Blue Romantique. Poor Thunderbox- look how sharp she would have looked new!
    CX 2500 paint disc location-blue-romantique-cx-paint-code-gnt.jpg
    FedGrapes, sounds promising - will follow up.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Driving - '90 XM, '85 CX IE Auto, 406 Coupe, 405 srdt wagon, '78 dyane, Resting (or Rusting): '73 Birotor '82 CX Presitige, '81 CX Break IE, GS X2, GS1015 Wagon, GS 1300 5sp Wagon, '76 GS 1220 Wagon, '75 GS Wagon, '58 2CV, '58 Vauxhall Velox

Same colour as my Pallas ....its the best!!

I believe the car was purchased from Bob Senn in Kalamunda, WA. he was on Assuie Frogs at one stage, but would be in Perth phone book perhaps. He would probably have details of car's history.
    FedGrapes likes this.
    Cheers, Peter J
    Current - 1974 D Special
    : 1976 16TS
    Previous - 1984 CX 25 IE : 1976 16TS : 1979 12 Virage

Tadpole

Andrew,

CXVingtCinq, is quite correct. We got it from Bob Senn, PM for contact information. Bob is a Citroen mechanic and it's my understanding this car sat from 1993 to 2003 in a shed out near York (in WA). Bob was very helpful in that since we purchased her, he's been very helpful with all our follow up questions and phone calls.

cheers
    Kelvin

Fellow Frogger

It's almost a shame it's likely to be repainted after being set up as a Froggy alternative to the Shaguar.

Thread Information