Xantia CT (series 1) heater matrix bulkhead elbows disintigrated.
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Xantia CT (series 1) heater matrix bulkhead elbows disintigrated.

Finally (8 months) got the CT back from the repairer after clutch replacement and problem with hydraulic clutch actuator. Now find one heater matrix plastic elbow with bleed screw from the bulkhead has disintegrated. The matrix itself seems OK ( no leaks in cabin or smells). Anyone know of a fix ? The car is with our son (at uni) in Wollongong. I suggested we by-pass the heater, but being winter he is not keen.
    Can a Cit repairer be recommended in the Illawarra?
    Any ideas appreciated.

Advertisement

It all depends if you can find the correct spare part to repair it. The part includes both heater hoses and the connector. Can you use your VIN on Citroen Service to find the correct part number?

Ken W

And if you can't find the part, consider French Connection for a S/H one. Trouble is, it is aged plastic. I'd prefer a new one.

Best of luck with it. If you had to do the full dash out for some horrible reason, I'd replace the matrix too - cheap insurance. But that's just me.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Here is a fix as tried by Sherman. I'd be a bit worried by the 20psi radiator cap that these cars have. But I suspect the part will turn out to be NFP so this might be the only alternative if you want a heater. Hasn't got cold enough for a heater in Brissie yet this year.

Xantia heater connection

Cheers, Ken

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moulton2speed View Post
    Thank you for quick responses. I think I can access a OEM (NOS)- both elbows and pipes piece for a RHD Xantia 1.9 TD from the UK. $186 but unsure if it will fit.
    Just found your response in the other thread

Please keep us informed how you go, as we will all have this problem sooner or later. Just checked on Service Box - the part number for genuine part (two hoses permanently fused to the siamesed pair of elbows) is 6464LC. Naturally the status is NFP (No Further Part). Googling the part number only gives hits to Russian sites, and my Russian is dreadful!

There are a bewildering number of different heater hoses for Xantias & Peugeots with very similar part numbers. I have found part numbers for heater hoses for turbo diesels - hose & elbow package is 6464NY or 6464QR. I don't know anything about diesels, but these are different to each other, and different to the one we want (6464LC). The standard 8v engine uses 6464FY, 16v uses 96144938 or 96144939. I think the 6464FY is available - for $385!! On multiple diagrams, there is an insert showing the (different) hoses for the XU10J2TE! I even checked the Pug 406 (in Europe both the 406 & 605 - and the XM - were sold with the XU10J2TE engine), but the heaters, & therefore hoses are different...

Hopefully we can use one of these alternatives by cutting off part of the hoses and using joiners to connect them to the Turbo CT heater hoses. Unfortunately the hoses on the alternatives seem to be joined to the plastic elbows at alarming angles, at least compared to what we need...

Does anyone have ideas on alternate hoses that might be available (new or 2nd hand)? There is a discussion on FrenchCar Forum (see link Xantia Activa heater matrix hoses - French Car Forum) that suggests looking at 306s and Berlingos!

Cheers

Alec

Just cut the plastic compression bands off.

Fellow Frogger!

try fitting a 306 one , they fit Berlingo , had to use joiners in hoses

bon chance

1000+ Posts

Thanks - good to know!

Thread Information