FAO George 1/8
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: FAO George 1/8

Default FAO George 1/8

George,

Have you seen this?
    In your general locality & I'd be surprised if a couple of hundred didn't buy it.

Advertisement

http://www.pickles.com.au/servlet/Au...m_id=250093936

Took 'em long enough to get the pics up, but this Tuesday's it's day of reckoning. It's already been up once so obviously didn't pull a bid or if it did it was scrap metal price.
    Big supply of cheap parts there for you.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    George,

Have you seen this?
    In your general locality & I'd be surprised if a couple of hundred didn't buy it.

http://www.pickles.com.au/servlet/Au...m_id=250093936

Took 'em long enough to get the pics up, but this Tuesday's it's day of reckoning. It's already been up once so obviously didn't pull a bid or if it did it was scrap metal price.
    Big supply of cheap parts there for you.

Alan S
    Hi Alan, this is the same one that you pointed out to us a few weeks ago. I asked the vendor/auctioner how much were they wanting for it. I got a kind of cryptic reply, sort of..."well it will sell because it's "unreserved"".
    I'm not up with auctioneer parlance, but 'shit'...I was right...it didn't sell. I'm not surprised either...these nutters want money for something that no-one can sell..even when they are un-damaged.
    This thing's a wreck. It's more than likely that all the spare parts are knackered too. Sure it would be good for spares, and it's even the right colour...but it's stuffed. I'd offer the guy a firm $100.00 to take it off his hands..but this dreamer still thinks some lunatic will offer $200.00 or $300.00.
    It would cost me another $100.00 to get it home , and it would take all day...and I'd probably risk my life in the process.
    I don't think I'm that interested. I'd really have to have a good look over it.
    I might offer the guy $100.00 again and see what he says.
    Thanks Alan. Cheers...George.

Thread Information