• 1 Post By donat
  • 2 Post By ds21bvh
  • 1 Post By ds21bvh
  • 1 Post By Dave
  • 1 Post By laurie_lewis
  • 5 Post By bleudanube
  • 3 Post By Ken W

Thread: Qld. La Grande Exposition de l'Automobile Francaise 2016

Default Qld. La Grande Exposition de l'Automobile Francaise, Sun. 3rd July 2016

Hello All French Car Lovers,

Advertisement

This year on Sunday the 3rd of July the Grand Display of French Cars (QLD) is being hosted by the Citroën Car Club of Queensland as 'La Grande Exposition de l'Automobile Francaise'. After a fantastic 2015 event which included celebrating the 60th birthday of the iconic Citroën DS, we are again celebrating all French marques in 2016.

Please see the flyer below and post any questions you may have in reply to this thread. Alternatively, send an email to: [email protected] and either myself or one of the other members of the planning team will respond to your questions ASAP.

60 days and counting!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Qld. La Grande Exposition de l'Automobile Francaise 2016-fcd2016.jpg  
    Last edited by Harvey; 17th May 2016 at 12:12 AM.
    Jinandfonic and CXVingtCinq like this.
    Harvey.

Currently: Xantia SX wagon, C4 Exclusive, CX2200 Pallas, Xantia Activa, BMW K75C.
    Previously: Xantia Activa (the other one), Daihatsu Sirion, Xantia Activa (the other other one), Suzuki Alto, Xantia SX wagon (the other one), CX GTi, Xantia VSX CT Turbo, Honda CB250T, CX2400 Pallas.

47 days and counting !

Hi Harvey,

I have got the whole family working on their citroen or an allotted citroen. We have just got one re-registered that will be showing up again after a 10 year absence. Is there an award for most number of cars per family?

Cheers, Ken
    Jinandfonic and ds21bvh like this.

Perfect SM weather! I shall bring mine along.

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs mobile app
    graham66 likes this.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Just to add to this...

The Organising Committee has been putting in a MASSIVE amount of work to make the event as successful as possible.

We are not only trying to make the event fantastic this year, but build it's profile up over the next few years.

There are a record number of sponsors participating this year, with plenty of decent prizes to be won, as well as a record number of food and drink vendors - many of whom it's their first time at the event.

We need enthusiasts to support the event so they have confidence in participating next year.

This year marks the inaugural year of the "Shannons Concours d'Elegance" - which is in addition to, and enhances those awards we have come to see in past years.

It is for ANY French car and entry is by choice at the gate (for an extra $10).

First, second and third places will be awarded, with the winner receiving the "Shannons Concours d'Elegance Perpetual Trophy" and some goodies.

The award has been established to recognise effort in the preservation or restoration of any French car with a strong emphasis on recognition and fun.

I do need to stress however we would love you to bring cars of ANY condition and strongly encourage you to do so - this new award is not about changing the inclusive nature of the Grand Display in any way at all. It is just in addition to what we have always done in the past.

The event's primary focus is on participation and celebrating French cars whatever their condition - and of course having fun, and is not necessarily about having the shiniest car..!

The other very exciting news is we are working closely with the Brisbane French Festival which is happening the weekend after on the 8th, 9th and 10th of July at Southbank. We are still finalising the details but we expect the Brisbane French Festival to have a strong presence at the Grand Display with us reciprocating the following weekend.

So there are two weekends now to immerse yourself both in French cars and culture....!

So come along and support the event this year to ensure an even better event next year...!

Cheers,

Mark...
    Last edited by ds21bvh; 18th May 2016 at 09:37 AM.
    GreenBlood and Jinandfonic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
    Hi Harvey,

I have got the whole family working on their citroen or an allotted citroen. We have just got one re-registered that will be showing up again after a 10 year absence. Is there an award for most number of cars per family?

Cheers, Ken
    You never know your luck in a big city Ken...

Cheers,

Mark...

Hi all,

This is a small plea for help...!

We are looking for club members to lend a hand on the day - despite our requests for assistance we are really struggling for numbers at the moment. I'm guessing there are plenty of willing helpers (their usually are on the day) who have just not committed yet.

We are trying to get the roles established so it's all set in place in plenty of time.

Help us make this the best French car day yet...! The individual commitment is small with a huge result as it will contribute to a successful day.

If you think you can help please send me a PM...

Cheers,

Mark...

Default On-Air This Afternoon

Our upcoming event of 3 July, 'La Grande Exposition de l'Automobile Francaise', will be getting time on-air this afternoon on radio station 4EB's 'Section de Langue Francaise', between 5:00 and 6:00 p.m. This will be in the form of a brief announcement at some point during the show to promote the event to the local French community. It will probably be broadcast in French for their benefit and in the hopes of attracting lots of them along to the event that celebrates the cars of their mother country. Thereafter, this promotion will hopefully be repeated each week during the show in the same timeslot.

You can tune in on the radio, or follow the internet link below.

FM 98.1 MHz
    Section de Langue Française | Radio 4EB

Listen in for the keywords if you're a 'rosbif' or otherwise non-French speaker. On the other hand if you do speak French, you'll hopefully hear an interesting mention of the efforts towards this year's event.

Thank you,
    Harvey Riddle
    Marketing Coordinator, La Grande Exposition de l'Automobile Francaise 2016
    Citroen Car Club of Queensland Inc.
    Harvey.

Currently: Xantia SX wagon, C4 Exclusive, CX2200 Pallas, Xantia Activa, BMW K75C.
    Previously: Xantia Activa (the other one), Daihatsu Sirion, Xantia Activa (the other other one), Suzuki Alto, Xantia SX wagon (the other one), CX GTi, Xantia VSX CT Turbo, Honda CB250T, CX2400 Pallas.

Our upcoming event of 3 July, 'La Grande Exposition de l'Automobile Francaise', will be getting additional time on-air this afternoon on radio station 4EB's 'Section de Langue Francaise', between 5:00 and 6:00 p.m.

This will be in the form of an interview with my french speaking sister who also has a passion for the DS and is lending her skills to promote the event to the local French community.

You can tune in on the radio, or follow the internet link below where the program can be streamed.

FM 98.1 MHz
    Section de Langue Française | Radio 4EB

The interview runs for about 12 minutes - not sure when in the hour it's scheduled.

Please tune in....!

One week to go - hope your busy polishing and cleaning this weekend...!

Cheers,

Mark...
    GreenBlood likes this.

Citroen folk, if you think you'll be attending, could you please give me some indication of what you're planning on bringing so I can design enough space for the various models in our allocated area?

I'm really keen to know if anyone is bringing an AK, Acadiane, HY, Berlingo, or any Commerciale version of any model????? I'll need to give lots of space to a HY, so I need to know.
    Ditto for any Citroen-based "special" (ie a model not manufactured by Citroen but using numerous Citroen parts, and I don't mean PSA Peugeots running BX16 Valve or VTS motors).

C3 or Pluriel??? Anything starting in C?

I'm also more than happy to hear if you're bringing a model ending, or starting, with the letter X, or a DS#.
    Is anyone bringing a GS (I know I don't have time to get mine running, let alone polish it!)?

If you want to keep your vehicle's appearance a surprise you can message me on here.
    If you know someone else who isn't on aussiefrogs is bringing something could you also let me know?

Looking forward to seeing you all there - the weather forecast is good.
    Last edited by Bruce H; 28th June 2016 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Thought of more
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Bx, Sm, Xantia wagon, C5, Cx wagon (if it starts).

/Wilsons
    Last edited by Dave; 28th June 2016 at 06:59 PM.
    donat likes this.

Tomorrow's the day ! Forecast to be up to 21 degrees with the sun shining. Sure to be a wonderful day out

Remember, we want all French cars in all conditions in the display. Don't be put-off because it needs a wash, vacuum,.....or even a new paint-job. This event is about being happy with what you've got and sharing your enthusiasm with the rest of us. If it's good enough to be your workhorse or occasional jalopy, then it deserves its day in the sun as well ! $10 entry at the gate, using either your pre-filled entry form (emailed to club members), or filling one out there and then at the gate. You may even end up with an award for your efforts !

If however yours is particularly shiny, please consider entering the Concours d'Elegance. We want to extend both ends of the spectrum of beautiful this year, so if you are particularly proud of your hard work in making your machine something to behold (or you just bought it that way!), please help us to push the 'wow' end of the scale at this years event. You will be the running for awards and bragging rights as well of course! $10 additional entry at the gate if you choose to enter the Concours ($20 in total).

Looking forward to seeing lots of you there !

Harvey Riddle.
    Harvey.

Something ending in X and it will probably be dirty by the time I get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GreenBlood likes this.

Icon12

An SE?

Default First outing... A great start!

Thanks to all the voters at the concourse today!

despite having to show up at the french car meet today without the rear seat and the carpets, my freshly restored D Super had his first outing... . My trimmer at least finished the two front seats, so I was able to pick them up Friday morning, lob them in on Saturday and test drive the car, ready for the meet today.

And it was worth it: Mark and I shared the Shannons concourse d'elegance first prize trophy - a nice start and affirmation that 8 months of tinkering doesnt go unnoticed... Thanks to all.

here a few shots ( sideways as usual...) Mark on the left, I on the right...

Qld. La Grande Exposition de l'Automobile Francaise 2016-image.jpg

Despite white walls (contentious selection with plenty of commentary received?!) and no rear seat the car was well received and appreciated.

It was a lovely July Sunday with plenty of cars of all kinds, nice to see what others have done to their vehicles.

only issue on the way back... The car stalled in the middle of a two lane roundabout. Maybe dirty fuel? A minute stop and the car started again and ran ok the rest of the way home... Hmmmmm, something to sort out next week I guess...

Sven

Harvey and Mark,

Great day as usual. I think the day went really smoothly with the new arrangements. Thanks to all the others that worked so hard to make it such as success. Congratulations Sven on your Concourse award.

I took the new SM and ended up getting the 'Best car in the SM/GS' category and 'The most desirable Citroen' awards. There is no doubt about it the SM is certainly a crowd puller.

Cheers Ken.

old coot, GreenBlood and ds21bvh like this.

Fellow Frogger!

I spoke to Brother John on the phone while he was there. You say "Great day as usual". Looks like it was better than usual.
    John said there was a great selection of cars. The best Grand Display of French Cars yet. Looks like the organizers achieved their goal!
    Would have been nice to be there. ----- Michael Paas

Many thanks for the kind words Sven, Ken and Michael - and congratulations to Ken and Sven - well deserved recognition for your stunning cars and reward for the hard work you've put in.

There were a lot of really nice cars there on the day - I'd like to give them all an award to be honest. Without picking favourites (I had lots of favourites) Phil Harrison's little Renault was a stand out for me.

The organising team really put in a lot of hard work to try and make this event the best it could be, while making some changes which we hoped would add interest and spread some of the recognition for people who are saving and restoring these wonderful cars.

The emphasis was on fun and not taking it all too seriously but at the same time providing something for people to aim for every year.

I'd like to thank everyone who helped stand the event up as it was very much a team effort - particularly the core organising team of Allen, Eric, Adrian, Harvey, Peter, Bruce and William, as well as both the Renault and Peugeot Clubs for their kind and willing support.

I'd also like to thank those who pitched in on the day - and for everyone's patience when things did not quite go to plan.

We are more than happy to take any feedback on how the day went - good, bad or indifferent. The goal is to improve through such feedback. By all means get in touch with me via PM or through the club - I'd value anything you might have to say.

All the best,

Mark...

Icon12

Congratulations too for your award Mark
    Two years in a row and one of the first for the Shannons Concourse award, well earned and deserved.

The day was very well organised with something for everyone, I very much liked the layout of the cars this year which had me moving through all the marques rather than concentrating on Citroen. Sadly Denise is unwell and faded fairly quickly, she did well though and we managed 3 hours but missed the presentations.

My thanks to all involved, I have now officially joined CCCQ so hope to become more involved in the club and this annual event

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
    Hi Harvey,

Cheers, Ken
    The 16v brought a tear to my eye Ken, well done and congratulations on 'rego' Dave and for preserving a rare and appreciating model - between you and Chris you have the market cornered. . .

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Thread Information