C5 hydraulic oil
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default C5 hydraulic oil

Does anyone know where I can purchase Total LDS hydraulic oil for the suspension on a Citroen C5? The return line from the front strut came unstuck when I jacked up the vehicle and most of the oil leaked out.

Richard

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Richard46 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can purchase Total LDS hydraulic oil for the suspension on a Citroen C5? The return line from the front strut came unstuck when I jacked up the vehicle and most of the oil leaked out.

Richard
    Your Total Oils distributor is . . .

GOLDEN WEST LUBRICANTS
    1 Barcelona Way
    Maddington
    Western Australia, 6109
    Australia
    Tel: +61-8-9452 3422
    Fax: +61-8-9452 1799
    Visit: Golden West Engine Oil | Automotive Oil | Agricuture Engine Oil | Golden West Lubricants

Perhaps a phone call will give you a local agent, or one of our WA members will guide you.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Richard, can you clarify something. Did you jack it up wrong? Or is there a design faulty that makes this happen?

I think that the manual says to put the suspension on high before jacking, I wonder if that is to prevent this.

As I have a newly-acquired C5 X7, I'm a bit keen to learn what I have to avoid doing.

Plus, how did you fix an "unstuck" oil line?

Tadpole

I am aware that the suspension must be set on high before jacking the car. I use a trolley jack, and it won't go underneath to the car unless it is raised up. My vehicle is a C5 V6 facelift model, and in my case the return hydraulic line from the RHS front strut was stretched to its limit with the car raised and the wheel off. It's quite clear to see how the line is attached, and specific instructions are given in one of the Citroen posts.

Richard

Tadpole

Hi Chris,

I did contact a guy at Golden West in Maddington, and he insisted he'd never heard of Total LDS hydraulic (orange) oil. I told him it was for a Citroen C5 suspension, which left him even more confused. I know they stock this product, and the next step will be to email them with a photo of the oil in question form the Total page on the web and see if this helps. Thanks for the advice!

Richard

1000+ Posts

That probably is a reflection of the number of C5s in the area. I noticed it isn't mentioned on Golden West's website, but other state distributors (eg Onshore in Qld) can supply by courier if needed.

Hi Richard ,
    I'm pretty sure you can get it from Supa Cheap or Autobarn, Penrite call it LDAS...same stuff. I think it's about $29.00 per litre.
    Maybe cheaper online, but then you have to add postage.
    cheers..

Thread Information