• Help
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Trading Estate
  • 5 Post By hawk
  • 1 Post By FedGrapes
  • 1 Post By DS/ID

Thread: Vale LHS

Default Vale LHS

I note with great sadness that our esteemed contributor Roger Brundle has died after a short illness with a death notice published in the melbourne Age today. Deepest sympathy to Fay and family. He will be missed, - a font of knowledge and love of Citroens. RIP Rog.
    David G

Advertisement
    2pug_nic likes this.
    '04 Megane
    Gone but not forgotten
    '71 16 TS, '72 16 TL, '74 15TS,'82 20TS Series 2, '85 25 GTX. '49 L15,

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Was there any funeral details etc there for anyone that wished to attend (it may be family only).

Shane.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

OK. Funeral is at Chapel of Mount Alexander Funerals
    12 Campbell street Castlemaine
    on Thursday April 21st at 1.00pm
    Friends invited
    Roger was an engineer (retired) at BP Australia and was a technical perfectionist.
    The engine he was rebuilding with updates on Aussie frogs I guess will lie unfinished . That would annoy him > i hope someone takes it on.
    '04 Megane
    Gone but not forgotten

Sad news, he cut through the crap on many issues.

Too sad, I never know what to say in these circumstances. . .

I'd not met Roger but we did have communications offline when preparing printing for him. He was very exacting in what he needed from me - I guess a product of his engineering background, for all that he was gracious and grateful. We are fortunate that he has left a legacy here on the forum. . .

I am reminded of an occasional closing line Roger used after a lengthy informative post here - "To be continued, Roger. . ."

Your work is done here Roger, RIP lhs2.1

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Trading Estate View Post
    OK. Funeral is at Chapel of Mount Alexander Funerals
    12 Campbell street Castlemaine
    on Thursday April 21st at 1.00pm
    Friends invited
    Roger was an engineer (retired) at BP Australia and was a technical perfectionist.
    The engine he was rebuilding with updates on Aussie frogs I guess will lie unfinished . That would annoy him > i hope someone takes it on.
    Trading Estate
    What sort of engine was Roger working on? Note that Sparkey and a friend are finishing off a GS Citroen for another guy who passed away recently. It's a very noble gesture and nice to think that the work of a former member here may continue or be finished in someone elses hands..

Regards
    John

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J'aime la vie View Post
    Trading Estate
    What sort of engine was Roger working on? Note that Sparkey and a friend are finishing off a GS Citroen for another guy who passed away recently. It's a very noble gesture and nice to think that the work of a former member here may continue or be finished in someone elses hands..

Regards
    John
    Roger was very much an enthusiast that enjoyed projects. He has a shed full of a huge variety of unfinished projects, only a couple of them feature here. I'm sure they will appear in time. Fingers crossed he has some kids/grandkids that will take them on rather than the family moving them on.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Here's the link to the early D engine. As DC says he has many projects from 2Cv/ GS powered, D's and Tractions. I note that he has/had a DS21 for sale at the moment

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/113385-ds19-engine-reconditioning.html
    '04 Megane
    Gone but not forgotten

Fellow Frogger!

Roger was a founding member of Citroen Classic Owners Club of Australia in 1977 when he saw the need to restore and protect his beloved Traction Avant's. Nearly 40 years later he was still restoring and perfecting his collection of cars (mainly Citroens) and helping others with their own cars. In the early days he restored his immaculate Citroen Light Fifteen ( registration KSE442) which became the benchmark for following restorers for the next 20 years at least. He was an active member of CCOCA until his death and will be greatly missed by all of it's members and his friends and family. We will miss him greatly. Ted Cross Secretary CCOCA.

I'm sorry to hear this sad news. I met Roger only the one time, at his house in Castlemain. He gave me a rear Louvre for my CX, and he wanted nothing for it. This would have to be about 12 years ago. He was a real gentleman.
    It was the last part he had left of his CX, and he was glad to get rid of it. He explained that he never liked, and didn't keep his CX and it just had no appeal to him. He was more interested in other Citroen models.
    Vale Roger, may your journey be a good one. Condolences to his family.

Fellow Frogger!

Always willing to help and give assistance when asked. Popping into his shed from time to time and getting the latest, on the project he moved to, was a learning experience for me.
    I dabble but Roger was the Real Deal. A perfectionist and diligent worker. It intrigued me to see him tensioning the cables attached to the passenger side of the 1959 ID so he could do the repairs on the box section. Everything aligned perfectly.
    The '57 DS that brother John brought back from NZ couldn't have gone to a more capable person than Roger. Roger's passion for originality in restoring this early DS is a joy to be seen.
    The Cabriolet model, a more recent project and the 2CV on the GS floorpan, if I could call it that.
    So much knowledge ----- gone.
    Aside from that Roger was a family man. My thoughts are with Fay and the family and as before, when I'm "dabbling" with my projects, I'll be thinking of Roger and thinking ---- Now how would Roger tackle this problem.
    Always Remembered --- Michael Paas

UFO

Sad news that another Frogger has left the pond - so to speak. But like others before him Roger has left a legacy and that being his knowledge and the effort he made to document it in writing and photos. The people, and cars, he has helped already and into the future can never be counted.

Thanks Roger.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Sad news indeed. I think Roger himself posted something in July of 2015 quite fitting for his memory.

Quote Originally Posted by lhs2.1 View Post
    My wife has just presented me with a framed art-work from a local artist, after I had indicated an interest in the piece at a current exhibition in Castlemaine.
    It is now on the wall in the study, sharing space with Citroen-froggy pieces. I love the optimism of this work, a leap into the unknown?
    roger
    Attachment 72130

Sad news indeed.
    I was fortunate in receiving advice over the telephone from him but unfortunate in that I never had the pleasure of meeting him. If anyone here knows the family I would like to add my condolences.

Scot Frog.

Although I only met Roger a few times, we also corresponded occasionally to compare notes on early Dees.

I was most impressed with his friendly and helpful manner.
    At the Jubilee of DS in 2005 in Paris, he and Fay were an enthusiastic part of the Aussie group, and he took great interest in Buttercup and anything to do with early DS cars.

His knowledge and attention to detail were exceptional, as was his positive and supportive manner.

We will miss his contribution to this forum, as well as to the wider Citroen community.

Thanks Roger for your efforts and friendship
    Bob
    '57 Slough DS19, Buttercup
    '60 2CV 1220, Raid Runner
    Several DS19 and 2CV projects

Very sad to hear, I enjoyed reading Roger's entries. Thoughts with his family and friends and condolences.
    Regards Steven

Fellow Frogger!

I too add my condolences to his family and many friends. Like some, I am too new to Citroen circles to have known Roger personally but I admired his threads and his posts here; the references to him from other double-chevron experts; the exceptionally high standard his work exhibited; and his willingness to share the knowledge.

In a similar vein I dip my lid those other great contributors who help us all along, to name some is to unfairly leave others out (so I won't try) but you guys know who you are and my thanks go out to you while you are still alive and kicking!

Regards leconte
    1962 Heidelberg ID19 "Axel"
    1965 Heidelberg ID19
    half owner 1974 GS 1220 Convertisseur Break

Fellow Frogger!

I too am one of the many in his debt

i spoke to him on the phone only ten days ago

I promised to bring the SM to Castlemaine to offer it up for his scrutiny

I was hoping to do so this coming weekend

which just goes to - yet again - remind us to not put things off

he was generous and patient and will be much missed

cheers

Jon Faine

A great Citroen man who taught me a great deal from years of reading his posts and beyond.

Another good man gone.

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs mobile app
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

A man devoted to what ever he put his mind to. I had the pleasure of working with him in the early CCOCA days some 40 years ago.

He was inspiration that we all need in a club. Will truly be sadly missed.

Andrew Rankine
    Trading Estate likes this.

Oh my. Terrible news.
    I've enjoyed Roger online for more than a decade now, holding much admiration for his dedication and capability, wishing that all our cars could benefit from such an understanding and competent steward.

I too am a great admirer of everything that Roger represented. On the weekend following Easter Pat and I called to say hello on our way back from Shepparton. We found that no-one was at home and sadly missed a chance at one last goodbye. It was known to us then that Roger had relapsed into the illness he had been fighting for a number of years. I am sad that I did not think to check that Castlemaine Hospital as that was the place to which Roger had been taken. He is now sadly lost to our fellowship, and I think back with many fond memories of involvement beginning from the time that I first met him whilst manning the display of my Light Fifteen during the 1971 Melbourne Motor Show, and progressing through the establishment of the Classic Register of the CCCV and on into the formation of CCOCA.
    Roger you are sadly missed.
    Cheers Gerry

I only met Roger a few times, after becoming well aware through his posts
    that he was an imaginative, resourceful and scrupulous engineer;
    and discovered that he was also a generous and endearing man.
    it was a real pleasure to have a good gawk around his workshop
    and see the variety of his projects.
    his death must be a loss to many.

not a great year with yet another frogger gone....knowledge not completely lost as Roger was always one to share...may your wings be hydraulic...RIP
    Rev. Dogboy

1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

My sincerest and deepest sympathies to his family and close friends.
    Having not spent too much time on AF of late, past years actually, it is always saddening to log in and read of a fellow Frogger's passing.
    R.I.P. Roger, I do remember having some discussions with you over the years, going back a decade or so now albeit.
    Deeply saddened,
    Chris L
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Thread Information