C3 wiring
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tasmaniahillman

Thread: C3 wiring

Default C3 wiring

Hi, Just purchased a 2004 C3 Pluriel that has a dim RHS brake light. Globe is correct one and no corrosion issues there. Any ideas? Car has not been used for some time. Similarly the reversing light is not working, again, globe OK. Gearbox switch perhaps. Thanks

Advertisement

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tasmaniahillman View Post
    Hi, Just purchased a 2004 C3 Pluriel that has a dim RHS brake light. Globe is correct one and no corrosion issues there. Any ideas? Car has not been used for some time. Similarly the reversing light is not working, again, globe OK. Gearbox switch perhaps. Thanks
    If both back up lamps are working, it won't be the switch. If both suspect lamps are in the same cluster, check the wiring, especially the ground for that side. Make sure the sockets don't exhibit any looseness for the bulbs. Pull the cluster connection, then reconnect. Check the traces on the board for burning. My basic rule is simple and stupid first, then dig deeper. You've started that process by checking the bulbs. Now, just go a little deeper.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Agreed, a lot of the earthing to PSA rear clusters is marginal at best. If there is a second pair of terminal on the cluster, for a towbar harness or similar, consider soldering an additional ground wire to the "sister" terminal of the factory ground, and earthing it neatly close by on a 5 or 6mm stud, including use of an in/out star washer.

Thanks guys, found the problems, poor connectors which I'll bypass.
    Hotrodelectric likes this.

Thread Information