Xantia CT turbo shudders
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By forumnoreason

Thread: Xantia CT turbo shudders

Default Xantia CT turbo shudders

The 97 ct turbo gets vibration through steering wheel after it does its morning jaunt. Typically in afternoon returning, engine warmed and very noticeable vibration through steering. Only noticeable in neutral when stationary. I thought it might be the lower engine mount as that was a bit shabby however replace it yesterday ( try pressing the shell of one of those bastards out! - ended up hacksawing it off, and after replacing no still there. It enjoyed a new dose of gear oil with Nulon additive though. Don't have access to a lexia or anything so wondering if anyone might have some ideas on this little conundrum?
    Cheers
    Steven

Advertisement

Have you looked at the top engine mount. These have a rubber block with an air or oil pocket inside to absorb the vibration which often leaks away or fractures when the rubber gets old and brittle.

Cheers, Ken W

Theres two rubber blocks in those Ken and yes one is in the same condition as lower one I removed, probably have a go at that next I guess.

There is the twisted dog bone link that takes the forward backward lateral force created by the turbo to which I think you are referring. I was referring to the vertical mount that is slightly to the left (facing into the engine bay) that takes the vertical weight of the engine. The twisted dog bone link is there to limit forward backward movement on this mount. I have had to replace both on my Activa and the vertical one twice.

Cheers, Ken W

Yep I'm with you Ken, got it, I can't see any damage or drop in it, the mount (horizontal one back to the bay mount has splits in it but so did the bottom right one. They're a chore to get out, driveshaft out etc. took about 7 hours of plodding along. ( wouldn't want to pay me to do mechanicals!) Thank heavens I had it on a hoist to play with, so much easier doing underneath stuff standing up.
    Motorgnome likes this.

I'm not with you then, there's another mount left side? which I haven't scoped yet.

Thread Information