C5 without EOBD auto-diagnostics
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default C5 without EOBD auto-diagnostics

Hi
    In a previous thread, back a bit now, 'C5 electrics' the OP, C5challenge was having trouble with his EOBD port and had no power to it. I have been helping off forum with some stuff and one thing I did was to download the factory specs of his car for him.
    Perusing these I was surprised to see the following line;
    EOBD SELF-DIAGNOSIS SYSTEM -------- WITHOUT "EOBD" AUTO-DIAGNOSTIC

WITHOUT EOBD
    Is this a real statement or what ??
    That line is not on the printout for two other C5s I have done in past times ?
    Jaahn

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Build date of the car? Standard OBD ports became compulsory in mid 2001 for petrols and 2003 for diesels in the EU. Later here, see for example Is My Car OBD2 Compatible and Supported by OBD Scanner/Software? | Car OBD Diagnostics, ECU Chip Tuning & Auto Repair Support

1000+ Posts

Hi
    All C5s had the hardware to use the port as the Citroen diagnostic tools used it, eg lexia etc. I was interested in whether the power pin had been disabled so the "ordinary" EOBD tools would not work.
    The car is a petrol engine, 2003 model.
    I had a 2001 C5 and a generic tool worked on it OK.
    cheers Jaahn

Did you get anywhere with this car of "C5 Challenge"?

1000+ Posts

Hi addo,
    I loaned him my scanner which took a while to get to Tassie via the NT. However that is another story.
    It is still a work in progress. Perhaps Don may reply for himself. The scanner port has been fixed at least
    Jaahn

Seems an obtuse way to disavow faults in the car - by removing the scanner port.

Tadpole

Thanks to Jaahn we have eliminated a number of problems but have not achieved real success. Jaahn's scanner the MaxiDiag FR704 works well and I hope to have my very own tomorrow - took a while to get here, must be something about scanners travelling through the post... I have also bought a workshop manual which arrived today but we are having trouble downloading it and getting updated drivers for the PC. With the workshop manual in front of me and the scanner surely I can establish the fault. I am thinking of taking up fishing - that is about spending long hours and expecting nothing is it not?

Thread Information