• Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GreenBlood
  • 1 Post By Big Frog

Thread: Oil breather hose - D

Default Oil breather hose - D

Hi All
    any suitable local replacement hose available for the ~20mm rubber oil resistant hose that comes up from the oil breather to the air filter?

Steve

Advertisement

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

If you have it and just want something now to make the car roadable, try a piece of LHM suction hose. You could also try some silicone hose. Either are passable until you obtain a correct one.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frog View Post
    Hi All
    any suitable local replacement hose available for the ~20mm rubber oil resistant hose that comes up from the oil breather to the air filter?

Steve
    Steve, I have a spare repro hose here (Citroworld) I can post in the morning if that helps

Cheers
    Chris
    Boyracer likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Thanks Chris
    Will PM you
    Steve

Oil breather hose - D-img_20160325_182443%7E2.jpg
    Thanks Chris, hoses arrived in the post.
    Seen here in a trial fit - all looks good.
    You really helped me out here - much appreciated.
    Hopefully over the next few days I can get the rest of the auxiliaries
    attachéd and the engine fired up.
    I had the parts to swap over for the throttle linkage for the weber carb, and thanks for the link to Matthews post, it all went together smoothly. Still the steering to fit, it's all been reconditioned, so no existing marks to work from.
    Cheers
    Steve
    GreenBlood likes this.

Icon3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160325_182443~2.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	82252 Still the steering to fit, it's all been reconditioned, so no existing marks to work from.
    Cheers
    Steve
    You're over the hump Steve, no huge drama fitting your steering rack. Use the measurements given in 814 for your initial lateral set-up. For the steering union to column get it close by eye (you'll be surprised how close to correct that will be) you can make a version of the factory tool, a quick search will give you measurements or if you have a dial gauge it will get you spot on.

Something read on an OS forum and suggested to work is to leave the clamps loose and with the wheels on a slippery surface (grass was mentioned) turn the steering lock to lock and this will self centre the column to union, tighten clamps and test drive. Haven't tried this but sounds plausible I should add, though it wasn't stated do this without the engine running

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    Use the measurements given in 814 for your initial lateral set-up.
    The 814-1 manual version I have shows a left hand drive vehicle, the lateral distance is shown as 122.5mm, if it was different for the right hand drive it would say - wouldn't it?

Steve

The 814-1 manual version I have shows a left hand drive vehicle, the lateral distance is shown as 122.5mm, if it was different for the right hand drive it would say - wouldn't it?

Steve
    Curious yeah, I've always made the mental conversion so mirror the reference points to suit RHD.

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

It appears to be the same measurement, I was a bit confused as the left hand end of the rack was hitting the panel, then I noticed that the lock nut wasn't touching the end cap on the rack. The end cap was not spun on all the way for some reason?
    All seems fine now it is all the way on.

Oil breather hose - D-img_20160326_120148%7E2.jpg
    However with the steering column in place and aligned the new clutch cable runs very near the fixing bolt on the column. I'll just have to push it downwards. Is there supposed to be any sort of holding clamp on the body to fix the clutch cable as it passes here?
    Steve

However with the steering column in place and aligned the new clutch cable runs very near the fixing bolt on the column. I'll just have to push it downwards. Is there supposed to be any sort of holding clamp on the body to fix the clutch cable as it passes here?
    Steve
    Just had a look at mine Steve, the clutch cable (unrestrained) sits about 10mm below the column. Runs parallel with the chassis member out of the firewall, turns under the column and connects at the pivot - all quite stiff, so not moving around at all. You may need a cable tie to keep yours from rubbing?

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    Just had a look at mine Steve, the clutch cable (unrestrained) sits about 10mm below the column. Runs parallel with the chassis member out of the firewall, turns under the column and connects at the pivot - all quite stiff, so not moving around at all. You may need a cable tie to keep yours from rubbing?

Cheers
    Chris
    Are both ends properly seated? A little extra length could cause what I see in that picture.
    I feel lucky here with only LHD stuff.

Thread Information