Total Hydraurincage (Hydraflush)
  • Register
  • Help

Default Total Hydraurincage (Hydraflush)

Hello folks,

Advertisement

Does anyone know where I can buy total hydraurincage in Australia? I asked onshore oils via email whom told me that Hydraurincage was a dealership only product. Brisbane Citroen don't know what it is, much less what a BX looks like.

There is a lot of chatter on the European and UK forums regarding this product, lots of positive stories. The LHM I just removed from the 16V was Black and my tick time is terrible. The filters and reservoir were grimey and coated with a brown film (now clean). I would like to put a detergent flush through for a few thousand kilometres to see if that cleans things out.
    Accumulator and spheres are fine, tick time is ~5 seconds.

Would love to hear some thoughts and suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBN

Try Continental Cars in Punchbowl, Sydney. They used to stock it. Phone (02) 9759 1977, ask for Greg or Bill Bunting.

John

Thanks, I'll try telephoning them Monday.
    Has anyone here used it before? Any comments?

Has anyone SERIOUSLY considered using a Diester Synthetic oil as an LHM replacement?
    It would seem that most of the problems with LHM are as a result of oxidation, and lack of shear stability.
    It's at least 35 years since I've used mineral oil in ANY of my cars and bikes (young AND old).
    A lot of the Old Wive's Tales about seal issues have yet to be a problem in my experience.

UFO

I recall you can make up a brew using a portion of diesel fuel that you run through the system for 1,000km or so then dump it. Bruce Elsegood did mention it to me years ago but I never bothered. Only running one LHM car these days I can't remember the last time I even took a lid of an LHM bottle!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Only running one LHM car these days I can't remember the last time I even took a lid of an LHM bottle!
    I you have bottles of FERODO brand LHM in your car just in case you may need it, make sure you have a screwdriver or some such to pierce the aluminium foil lid the first time you want to use it. Cannot believe how difficult it is to remove. Stabbing it is the only thing that works.

John

Thread Information