Hello froggies I need help again!
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By daffyduck
  • 2 Post By caparobertsan

Thread: Hello froggies I need help again!

Default Hello froggies I need help again!

I was driving one Sunday morning and I hear the beep and red warning lamp came on. The pressure became low= leak!
    I can see the leak from passenger side where height corrector is. It was switch again. So I need new one(Lhs). I now threaded hole with M3x0.5 mm and installed a screw. And I can drive again. But no good to drive without that switch because I won't know the leak.
    I got this one from shane but now damaged.......
    Thank youHello froggies I need help again!-img_20160221_145744.jpgHello froggies I need help again!-img_20160221_145729.jpg

Advertisement
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

Anyone?
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

I would not mind betting that there are no rubber seals in that pressure switch and that it might be possible to use one from an LHM car! It would at least be worth checking out!
    Cheers Gerry

Fellow Frogger

I would have too, but the failed one apparently has a green band = LHM part per the parts wanted thread:
    citoren id19 break pressure warning light pressure switch wanted for LHS

Seems there's just no option but to convert it to LHM.

Hello there are rubber seal inside. I opened it. I now am thinking to put a float switch or low suspension warning switch.
    Or I go to get a epdm rubber and make A rubber seal for it .

Converting to lhm is very big job. I want to avoid that as long as possible.....
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by caparobertsan View Post
    Hello there are rubber seal inside. I opened it. I now am thinking to put a float switch or low suspension warning switch.
    Or I go to get a epdm rubber and make A rubber seal for it .

Converting to lhm is very big job. I want to avoid that as long as possible.....
    Thanks
    Where are the seals? Can you provide a photo of the one you opened up? I would very much like to know the inner workings.
    Cheers Gerry

I have a red fluid parts car here. 1969 USA model. I can look for that switch and it would post to AU for beans. Send PM if interested and I'll get after it.
    Trading Estate likes this.

Hello, All. I have dismantled it by cutting the end of switch. I know I needed to buy a EPDM rubber which is resistant to brake fluid. So I went to place called Complete Rubber PTY Ltd. in Fairfield. They made me the rubber gasket before so I knew they can make circular rubber disk. The original rubber seal had 14.5 mm diameter and they had 15mm puncher = perfect! They made me 5 of those disks for the future. I also needed to shape it close to orignal shape with dremel. Centre part needed to be ground off so ppressure can push the rubber and push the metal pin ->glass fiber pin then sliver plated contact. I also needed make thread on the end of body so I can use cap I found in the Bunnings. Its diameter was very close!
    I had hard time finding big Die though.
    I have not installed it yet I hope it will work.
    Hello froggies I need help again!-dscf1289.jpgHello froggies I need help again!-dscf1290.jpgHello froggies I need help again!-dscf1291.jpgHello froggies I need help again!-dscf1292.jpgHello froggies I need help again!-dscf1293.jpgHello froggies I need help again!-dscf1294.jpg
    GreenBlood and JohnW like this.

Thread Information