Warning - CX Basis
  • Register
  • Help
    WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Warning - CX Basis

I didn't know about this so, I imaging there are others who don't

Advertisement

CX Basis charges a "Low order Fee" of 5 euro but, don't seem to let you know on there website the cutoff point

Fellow Frogger

It's probably not unfair provided the buyer knows. Like the minimum charge you encounter at many businesses. Same with postage. Franzose add in an extra couple of percent at the end for insurance etc., so watch for that. Plus the card companies will rob you of another 2 or 3% for a foreign merchant transaction, even in AUD.

Most of these outfits use freight arrangements that have a flat fee plus a charge by weight. It depends what you buy, but it's often worth waiting until you need a bundle of bits and then combine them to an order that gets best value from the fright cost. I often wonder why it costs less to send some items from Europe to The Antipodes that it would to send the same item locally.

If you visit CTA's website, the freight to Australia begins at about 50 Euro and then jumps to 90 odd once your bundle weight adds up. I know they used TNT at one point and it cost something like 20 Euro per shipment plus 10 Euro/kg by weight. I think it;s a different carrier at present. Heavy items like brake discs could cost a fortune under that model and it would seem Franzose has a better postage deal for the heavy stuff. Their freight calculator is more reliable than CTA and some others you have to make your bundle and ask, hoping it won't be a fortune. Things like plastic hubcaps might be less costly in Europe, but being bulky items, the cubed volume can offset the saving with very high postage.

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

I understand - it would be good if they can let you know how much you have to spend to avoid it. I cannot find the figure anywhere on their website.

I have never seen the low order charge. The new courier they use is much cheaper than before. Maybe I have been conditioned to never buy one thing as the delivery to Australia used to be 40 euro minimum. The new courier is much quicker also. My recent order arrived in a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Hello, this is the response from CX Basis

Dear Peter, Shoporders more than 25 EUR will charge no low order fee. Best regards Daniel Hollander CX-Basis

Thread Information