Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Ken W
  • 2 Post By agd123

Thread: Instrument cluster warning lights

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Instrument cluster warning lights

Hi,

I am still after about 6 of these with the twist in plugs. last year I ordered some from Der Franzose as they had them listed as fitting the CX as well as D cars. (They are too big so, if anybody wants them let me know) If anyone has any sitting around or in a parts car I would like to buy them (a working early Yeager clock would be nice too)

Just a note on Der Fransoze - All I ordered from them was the lights. They would have fitted in the smallest padded bag available but, they arrived in a largish box with a 2CV catalogue included. This was about 1/3 the thickness of a telephone book and they charged me the full postage on it!!!

cheers
    Warren

Advertisement

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WRB View Post
    Hi,

I am still after about 6 of these with the twist in plugs. last year I ordered some from Der Franzose as they had them listed as fitting the CX as well as D cars. (They are too big so, if anybody wants them let me know) If anyone has any sitting around or in a parts car I would like to buy them (a working early Yeager clock would be nice too)
    Try a Volvo or Saab from the '70's ->. I think the sockets are the same. The D and CX sockets IIRC are the same fit, just the design is different.

Quote Originally Posted by WRB View Post
    Just a note on Der Fransoze - All I ordered from them was the lights. They would have fitted in the smallest padded bag available but, they arrived in a largish box with a 2CV catalogue included. This was about 1/3 the thickness of a telephone book and they charged me the full postage on it!!!

cheers
    Warren
    Yah, that was one of the reasons I'm not particularly hurt they decided to abandon the US market. I remember ordering some terminals from them, and not only did they take entirely too long to get here (over a month), but I paid a lot of money for postage that wasn't necessary. The French and the Dutch are by far and away cheaper shipping-wise.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

If you have strong fingers, you can pull the lamps out of the twist in sockets and buy replacements for them from Repco. I think Narva have then as a standard lamp. Also Jaycar sell a 12 volt LED version in red, green, blue and white but they are pretty bright and you have to put them in the right way around.

Cheers, Ken
    Hotrodelectric and shanadoo like this.

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

I did discover that new bulbs are available but, the sockets are too large, by quite a bit, to fit into the holes in the pcb. The original sockets are missing.

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
    If you have strong fingers, you can pull the lamps out of the twist in sockets and buy replacements for them from Repco. I think Narva have then as a standard lamp. Also Jaycar sell a 12 volt LED version in red, green, blue and white but they are pretty bright and you have to put them in the right way around.

Cheers, Ken
    Yah- they're called wedge base.

You need 6, WRB? I might have a few DS style sockets I can post you. PM me. The socket- are they approx 6mm in diameter, or the 4mm? I forget which ones a CX takes.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Well then you need to find a bloke who has a few CX instrument panels that are a bit surplus then - like me. Which bulbs are you missing ?

Cheers, Ken

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Hi Ken,
    6 All together - headlight on, high beam, water temp (!!), etc. They are all the same black twist in plugs.
    I will pm my address if you have them. I would be very grateful. Would you have a working early yeager clock - if so, please let me know what you would want for it.

thanks

Warren

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Oh, I was going to send some of them to you. I'll see if I can find some new globes for the bases here at the sunday market tomorrow. They are T5 globes from memory
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Thank you Shane

Fellow Frogger!

I had a problem with a Xantia quite some time ago, correct lamps were outrageously priced & hard to get. However what I did find after some checking, several of the lamps that were not working were not blown. The problem was bad contact between the lamp base & the copper tracks into which they fit. I got some leds red, green, white, etc as appropriate, added an appropriate value resister to each to protect the lamp & then soldered them in permanently, directly onto the copper tracks (after cleaning & applying electronic flux, not plumber's flux) . Worked a treat & you can vary the brightness by altering the value of the resister. This will outlast the car probably, cost next to nothing, but took some time to do it right.

agd123
    shanadoo and WRB like this.

Thread Information