My workmate has a C5 with a problem....
  • Register
  • Help

Default My workmate has a C5 with a problem....

Hi Froggers,
    Still have a real problem with my workmates C5. It's a 2003 C5, V6. The transmission jumps into limp mode as soon as you reach about 10ks per hour.
    The car was bought on the understanding it had issues.. The transmission went into limp mode after failing to go into 4th gear. The drive home destroyed the original transmission. It was a ZF-4HP20.
    It was replaced with another ZF-4HP20 from a different car. This transmission was good when used in it's original car.
    Now it just fails to be driveable in the C5.
    3 days ago we found a faulty speed sensor in the transmission, open circuit. Replaced it, same error still happening.

Just wondering if any Aussiefrogs members have a written off series 1 C5 V6 parts car with a good transmission.
    Please PM me or email... [email protected]

Advertisement

cheers.. George 1/8th.

1000+ Posts

Haven't got one. Have you read this - http://www.c5club.cz/files/automat/ZF_4HP20.pdf (Xantia, XM era)? Or this http://oto.to/schematy/automat/4HP20...r%20manual.pdf ?
    Last edited by seasink; 11th February 2016 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks Seasink, have seen these. These are good explanations of what it is, but not really helpful as we still don't know how to interpret or correct the fault code we are getting.

It all comes down to money. The owner is not interested in spending any more money. We were grateful to have been given a second hand 4Hp20 transmission which we fitted. Now the fault seems to be unrepairable. We have tried several different combinations of valve block and sensor combinations, but the same "transmission output signal coherance" fault keeps coming up.
    Looking at it logically, it's just a faulty transmission. Mechanically the transmission is ok, but because of the electronic problem, the car remains undriveable.
    It's a pity because this car is otherwise perfect, the V6 motor is perfect, it has leather seats, all the electronics work.
    It's going to be sold cheap very soon to anyone who wants a spare parts car, C5 v6.
    Anyone ? Send me a pm . cheers.. George 1/8th.

Thread Information