New spheres for Xantia
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default New spheres for Xantia

I am looking to buy a full set of new spheres for my '95 Xantia VSX & would like recommendations for suppliers.

So far I have looked at IFHS spheres by Sphere Shop @ $46.08 A each + freight. Citropart [ Germany] also supply at Eur 34.00 ea + freight [aprox. $45.00 A I think ]. The last front pair I bought from EAI 2 years ago on special were over 5 years old & I am loathe to deal with them again.

Also, I have lost my sphere identification list which gave genuine part numbers for the various types of sphere & models. I would appreciate it if some kind person could direct me how / where I can download another one please.

I look forward to your experiences.

Richard

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

I just replaced mine via Spherediscount, good value and prompt delivery with tracking, you just need to specify hydractive or not etc, that's right I remember they asked what model it was to ensure you get the right ones in email, I can give you the sales assistants email if interested.
    CitroŽn Xantia - Sphere-Discount

I think it was a bit over $500 for 7 spheres which included post.

If you go to IFHS (email them, and being Dutch their English is perfect) they'll refer you to their excellent agent in NZ (Chris de Jong <[email protected]>). He is very good to deal with - I fitted Confort spheres to our Xantia a few months ago (excellent). There's a post on exactly that subject somewhere.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Richard,

The front 3 suspension spheres on your VSX if they are of the original type will have double membranes and will last at least 10 years before they lose their gas pressure. Have you tested them recently? I only replace mine if their pressure is down as once they start to leak, they continue to leak so it is not worth regassing them.

The rear 3 suspension spheres are of the normal single membrane type that need regassing every 2 years so no advantage in staying original with those. Citroen do have a range of dual membrane spheres for the rears that were released for the last of the series 2 Xantias. Check out the spheres available for series 2 Xantias on service.citroen.com. Then use these part numbers to pricing from the Auto Midi Lorient website.

The link below has a listing of the original part numbers for Xantia spheres but does not have the latest double membrane rear spheres listed.

Xantia World

Cheers,

Ken W

1000+ Posts

thinking about buying some new spheres, I think mine are on the way out, need to make a test rig with a jack and a gauge sometime, I was wondering who would be the easiest to get mine to for a regas or is it worth it?

I think the double membrane spheres would be the way to go if new however where to buy, I would be looking at a Dutch supplier as they have best postage

that link is great Ken, I assume the M spheres are the dual membrane?

Yep M stands for Multicouche - multilayer. Check Service Box site for latest part numbers. Unfortunately genuine are expensive now seeing aussie $ has dropped against the euro. To check prices ex france, check citroen accessories.

Cheers, Ken W

1000+ Posts

that was quick Ken! I had hassles logging into Citroen service bizo, would only let me see 2 new cits so I gave up.

I've just emailed these guys to see what they can offer.

https://www.garage80.nl/en_GB/

ps I can only see a gear knob avaialble on that accessories!

Thread Information