This is the kind of stuff that I miss participating in with our car clubs!
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By gerrypro
  • 1 Post By gerrypro
  • 1 Post By gerrypro
  • 1 Post By IDear
  • 1 Post By Greg C

Thread: This is the kind of stuff that I miss participating in with our car clubs!

Default This is the kind of stuff that I miss participating in with our car clubs!

https://www.facebook.com/CitroenCant...937475/?type=3

Advertisement
    forumnoreason and Demannu like this.
    Cheers Gerry

Gerry,

Happens every year at Cit-in. You can still register for Echuca this year!

Cheers, Ken

The CCCV used to hold three to four Motorkhanas every year . Now all they want to do is go to some restaurant and eat. They are too precious to attempt any mild form of competition.
    Cit-in is great but is now too much of an overpriced production! Camping grounds and barbeques are the way to go! I mean $500 for the two of us before we have even left home? Ridiculous!
    By the way, have a look at the standard of the cars that belong to the Canterbury NZ club!
    addo likes this.
    Cheers Gerry

Icon6

G'day,
    here you go,

Motorkhana Vic
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
    Gerry,

Happens every year at Cit-in. You can still register for Echuca this year!

Cheers, Ken
    I believe there will be no gymkhana at this years Cit-In. 
    1970 D Super. (Little Miss Petite).

To quote Maxwell Smart........"And Loving It!"

Quote Originally Posted by pug206gti View Post
    G'day,
    here you go,

Motorkhana Vic
    These guys get waaaaaaay toooooo serious. Our old CCCV events were all about gentle competitive fun!
    Cheers Gerry

That event Gerry linked to was the New Zealand national Citroen rally, held in Christchurch last weekend. I made a special trip to NZ to attend it, and won the "furthest traveled" award for my trouble. I lived in Canterbury for 8 years, was an active member of the local Citroen club, and am still a member. I try to attend the national rally whenever it is in the South Island.

The Big 6 in the photo was driven by its owner, Fraser Goldsmith from Dunedin. In the photo he is doing a kind of ever-decreasing-circles event. Believe it or not, he won the slalom event in it. Yes, the supposedly most ponderous car of all through a slalom was also the fastest! Not only that, Fraser won the overall rally trophy. Nice work!

I won the clover-leaf slalom, in a CX 25 GTi auto generously lent to me for a few days by Fraser.

There is a motorkhana at every NZ national rally. Sadly, few Australian Cit-Ins now include a motorkhana. CCOCA is not planning one at this year's Cit-In in Echuca. But worry not, motorkhana-enthusiast Citroenists, there will be a motorkhana in Echuca at Easter. I will bring some witches hats and a simple trophy, someone else can bring a stopwatch, and I know a local farmer whose property is right on the edge of Echuca township.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypro View Post
    These guys get waaaaaaay toooooo serious. Our old CCCV events were all about gentle competitive fun!
    Try joining these guys: index

Sound like barrels of fun.

Great to know that you attended Roger. I know you will attest to the fact that so much fun can be had and that there is little danger to precious cars that participate. The drivers can go as hard or as slowly as they wish. CCCV used to hold these events in a paddock in Lower Plenty. I think that became unavailable and from that time on the events just disappeared off the club calendar.
    Cheers Gerry

Hi Roger

Sounds great! Last year was our first Cit-In which we thoroughly enjoyed. One of the stand out events for me was the gymkhana even if only as a spectator.

CitroŽn Regards
    Brian
    1970 D Super. (Little Miss Petite).

To quote Maxwell Smart........"And Loving It!"

Icon6

G'day,
    our own BIGRR won the 2015 AMC for class "C" in his daily driver 205.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRR View Post
    I finally won the 2015 AMC for class "C".

I have entered the 205 10 times now, for 4 x 3rd, 2 x 2nd and 1 x 1st incudes one DNF Broken clutch cable (I am improving).
    Lots of mean looking opposition cars in the class.
    Only hit two flags, one during the motorkhana tests and one during the shoot out (Bugger x 2).
    I came 3rd outright on handicap & also may have won the teams award (Bugger the 2 flags).
    Results not finalised yet.
    The other two Pugs also went well.
    Outright winner was Scott Bennet from WA (Mini Special) (Scott also won last year and in 2009).
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug

UFO

Being able to officially operate a motorkhana event relates to insurance coverage and costs. Now of course if the club is to operate the event for a reasonable cost then the added expense of providing extra PLI for a motorkhana may be too great. Also, in reality, few people participate and it becomes a bit boring for other attendees.

Many do not wish to participate in their car for fear of damage - they have to be able to drive home again.

However credit is due to Roger (and others) who have taken the initiative in years past to organise a private event.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Being able to officially operate a motorkhana event relates to insurance coverage and costs. Now of course if the club is to operate the event for a reasonable cost then the added expense of providing extra PLI for a motorkhana may be too great. Also, in reality, few people participate and it becomes a bit boring for other attendees.

Many do not wish to participate in their car for fear of damage - they have to be able to drive home again.

However credit is due to Roger (and others) who have taken the initiative in years past to organise a private event.
    Doesn't CAMS provide an insurance resource that is quite reasonable?
    Cheers Gerry

UFO

Doesn't CAMS provide an insurance resource that is quite reasonable?
    Perhaps it does - if the club is CAMS affiliated. I reckon CCOCA (this year's hosts) don't see much reason to be affiliated with a motor sport organisation.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Good point, it's not as though CitroŽns have ever been conspicuous in classic motor sport disciplines.

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Perhaps it does - if the club is CAMS affiliated. I reckon CCOCA (this year's hosts) don't see much reason to be affiliated with a motor sport organisation.
    CCCV definitely used to be affiliated with CAMS. I think that they dropped it because it was just one more expense, and that there were a number of fuddy duddies ( we used to refer to them as the knitting circle ) that were not interested in the event.
    addo likes this.
    Cheers Gerry

Icon6

CCCV definitely used to be affiliated with CAMS. I think that they dropped it because it was just one more expense, and that there were a number of fuddy duddies ( we used to refer to them as the knitting circle ) that were not interested in the event.

G'day,
    do they wear tweed jackets with leather elbow patches and Andy Capp hats ?
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug

Fellow Frogger!

For a day I participated in a Mt Gambier Vintage and Veteran Car Club Event. Talking to a fellow, he told me that the club he is in isn't able to organise a "Day Out" for the oldies from a retirement home anymore.
    Workplace Health and Safety is bringing this country to its knees. I think you all know what I mean.
    I think that the New Zealand Government saw what was coming and in general, more than in Australia, People have to be more responsible for their actions and "can't blame others for their misfortunes through the courts".
    Frankly, and I'll probably be severely reprimanded for saying this, I don't think the Indigenous people of New Zealand "would put up with all this nonsense".
    In my opinion, this is why a New Zealand National Rally can be so much fun and well; we won't be able to turn the clock back.
    Michae,
    CarNut likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Blame who you like, I reckon....be it OH&S, or just the legal fraternity in general. It had all gone way too far a long time ago. Even school fetes are affected. Can't let anyone be responsible for their own stupidity or clumsiness any more.......someone has to be at FAULT, lol. It's ridiculous. We need more "Gormsby's" in positions of influence.

I make money from it, highlighting "safety" aspects like trip hazards in car parks or concrete stair nosings.

Personally I believe Aussies love to feel a bit afraid of things they can't quite articulate (because they're bulltish items) and the refusal to accept responsibility is a contingent laziness borne of this general fear.

If the club is not affiliated with CAMS it is 'illegal' to run a motorkhana, or at least it was. Many, many years ago as a member of the Peugeot club we had a motorkhana with CCCNSW and it had to be in a secret location less we were busted. (Peugeot was affiliated). I remember one event where you started outside your car and had to run, jump in, start and complete the course. We were a bit pissed off at those DSs you could start by just moving the gear lever. Unfair!
    UFO likes this.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Thread Information