2004 C5 2.0 HDI - Anti pollution fault
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 2004 C5 2.0 HDI - Anti pollution fault

Hi all,

Advertisement

I got this error during my dodgy alternator scenario which is now sorted and now not sure what to do about it.

Is this something that can be reset or do I need a dealer to clear out the fault?

Any idea of costs and whether it is okay to drive?

Thanks

Fellow Frogger!

It's just a generic code which could mean anything from the cooling fan to the exhaust tailpipe or anything in between. You'll need a Lexia or such download to remove it, some can't be removed or will often return for no reason. Do as many many early C5 drivers do and ignore it. If it drives ok then put up with the engine service lights and the multifunction readout displaying antipollution fault. It's up to you but Citroen's are not alone in this fault. Most makes display this at some time in their life sometimes it goes and sometimes it doesn't. That's life.

Tadpole

Thanks, I was just concerned about it doing something stupid. By the sounds of it it may be worth investing in a lexia diagnosis tool anyway.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by mgryder View Post
    Thanks, I was just concerned about it doing something stupid. By the sounds of it it may be worth investing in a lexia diagnosis tool anyway.
    And a laptop.

Tadpole

I have a few spares floating around..

How about filling up with decent diesel (BP) and going for an long country drive to get all the systems up to operating temperature. If the car has been used for short drives it may never have chance to burn the soots.
    Maybe worth trying??
    It may take some time for the main computer to reset, so don't expect all to return to normal immediately.

Thread Information