Can't get lexia to work. Any trick to it?
  • Register
  • Help
    UNM
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Can't get lexia to work. Any trick to it?

I have used pp2000 before on my pug 206, no problems.

I went to look at a Citroen C5 2.0 2003 yesterday. Took car for a run, plugged in the diag cable, fired up diagbox and selected the correct model. It asked for an RPO and a VIN, I checked online at a UK french car forum and found what I assume was the correct RPO. It was accepted anyroad.

Advertisement

The software gave me a choice of lexia or scantool. I selected lexia but nothing at all happened.

Think my version of diagbox is 7.02, cable set came from a chinese ebay seller.

So, is there any trick to getting lexia working? I did not actually try switching car off, perhaps connection needs to be made with ignition off?

Didn't buy it, as it was cosmetically deficient and had a split hydraulic return hose from a shock absorber, which I took to be a bad sign. I don't know Citroen hydraulics well enough to know if it was, as the seller said, just a vent/overflow hose.

I'd like to know I can actually diagnose citroens with my cable set though, for future reference

Did you flash the connector ?

UNM
    Fellow Frogger!

Flash the connector?

Haven't flashed any firmware if that is what you mean. Everything works fine on my peugeot 206 and daughters 307. Is there different f/w for Citroen?

Edit:

did a quick check and found this on the web

So I guess I would need to flash my actia dongle.

PITA to swap between citroen and peugeot diagnostics then.

Fellow Frogger!

Don't know about a lexia, I haven't been game to try one, too many headaches from what I see in this site. However in regard to the split hose, the "shock absorber" is actually the ram that holds the wheel up. These do carry hydraulic fluid back to the reservoir & can eventually fail over time, they flex a lot. I had one start leaking a little while ago in my 2002 model. If one starts leaking replace both, not hard to do & not too expensive. Worth replacing after about 14 years to have good Citroen ride.

Regards

agd123

You should just be able to run from Diagbox and select a Citroen and then the appropriate Model. That is how I use it. My interface box actually checks out as a Peugeot box anyway. So it works on multiple Cits - I havn't tried it on any Pugs tho.

Cheers, Ken

JBN

My 1995 series 1 Xantia is unknown to Lexia, either using VIN or drilling down Xantia - VSX, etc, it doesn't register. I now work on the fact that no ailments found, patient must be in good health. When something falls off or breaks, I assume it is an anomaly.

John

UNM
    Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by agd123 View Post
    the "shock absorber" is actually the ram that holds the wheel up. These do carry hydraulic fluid back to the reservoir & can eventually fail over time,
    Hmm, so this suggests to me that line is simply to drain any leakage past the seal back to the reservoir. Obviously the oil staining around the split pipe means there was some leakage. While minor, it confirms my decision not to purchase.

Thanks for the information.

Thread Information