S 1 Xantia headlight adjustmemt.
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default S 1 Xantia headlight adjustmemt.

Hi-Worked out how to do lateral adjustment but cannot work out the vertical adjustment.Plenty of info about replacing lights etc.,no info in manual.Someone will probably have some insight.

Ta.

Advertisement

Hi Pekay, there are 2 adjusters per headlight assembly. Both are accessible from the top looking down on the top of the light. You will see a small hole for one of these , one on each side.
    I don't have a photo on hand to show you, or a Xantia that I can photograph. You just need the right adjustment tool, and it goes through the hole.
    Cheers... George 1/8th.

Citroen DS 21 Hydraulique, Cx 2400 C-matic, BX, Xantia VSX, C5 V6.

1000+ Posts

Thanks George-With obvious French logic no holes were in rad. support so I drilled a couple.

Must say I looked ,but could not spy with my little eyes.

Will 'avanuvva dekko' but at my age of 183 next birthday II am sure you will agree that I am not the fastest mechanic.Ask Young Dave I am sure he will appreciate the situation.

Apprecated,Sure my youngest son will appreciate as adjustment so far is a huge improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by pekay49 View Post
    Thanks George-With obvious French logic no holes were in rad. support so I drilled a couple.

Must say I looked ,but could not spy with my little eyes.

Will 'avanuvva dekko' but at my age of 183 next birthday II am sure you will agree that I am not the fastest mechanic.Ask Young Dave I am sure he will appreciate the situation.

Apprecated,Sure my youngest son will appreciate as adjustment so far is a huge improvement.
    My car had the holes when I got it, so I thought they left the factory like that. The hole is about 1 cm across if I remember correctly. Make sure your halogens are at least 55 watts.
    Should you want to remove the headlight assembly to see where the adjustments are, you just have to unclip the left and right front indicators, then undo the screws and then the whole grille lifts out of the way.

1000+ Posts

The holes are about 180mm inboard from the 2 bolts each side of the top rigid plastic 'cross-member' & are definitely pre-drilled in factory - but one of mine was under a sticker (Total oil or some such). Drilling random holes is NOT recommended

The correct adjustment tool is an Allen key - I believe it is 6mm, although neither of mine appear to be marked in any way.

Cheers

Alec

1000+ Posts

Thanks for that-Adams Cit must have been born on an unholy day?

Thread Information