C4 Headlights
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jinandfonic

Thread: C4 Headlights

SMM

Default C4 Headlights

I have just returned from a drive to Melbourne and back.

Because my C4 is a darkish grey, when driving in the country, I have the headlamps on. When I arrived in Sydney on the return trip, I stopped off at a supermarket to buy the essentials. As I drove into my garage, I noticed that one of the headlamps had blown.

Advertisement

Nothing particularly unusual except that I recall after a trip back from the Hunter Valley, with lights ablazing, the other headlamp also blew shortly after I arrived home.

Has any other C4 owner, or any other Citroen owners, experienced something similar?
    SMM

Current Citroen - : 1997 Xm Exclusive Series II, C4 Cactus

Previous Citroens: 2007 C4 VTR, 2006 C5, 1991 Xm Series 1, 1999 Xsara 1.8, 1988 Bx TRI

I have had a run of blown headlight bulbs in the C5 a couple of years ago. The first set lasted a few years, then I went through quite a few from Supercheap and Repco. Then I found some Philips bulbs on ebay that seem to last longer. Now I have some really cheap bulbs for ebay in reserve.

I think the auto on and off feature gives them a hard time with all the inrush current at turn on (usually about double the running current) and they are always turning on and off under every bridge or short tunnel. Also I did bump one of the caps in one of my lights so that it was touching a bulb for a few changes.

Seems to have settled down a bit now.

Cheers, Ken.

Fellow Frogger!

Yes I had both my headlights blow at the same time on my C4. Started the car and no headlights. After checking all other lights, fuses etc, I narrowed it down to the globes.
    After some research etc, I just purchased 2 new globes from Repco and put them in and no problems since (over a year ago).

That's the easy part. The complicated part is to actually replacing them. It is a pain of a job.

Where in Sydney are you? If you need assistance PM me.

Glenn

SMM

Thanks for the offer. I have replaced it. Once you get the old bulb out it is easy.

The skin on my fingers will grow back.
    SMM

Current Citroen - : 1997 Xm Exclusive Series II, C4 Cactus

Previous Citroens: 2007 C4 VTR, 2006 C5, 1991 Xm Series 1, 1999 Xsara 1.8, 1988 Bx TRI

UFO

As I found, to my frustration, it is somehow possible to install a bulb upside down. As I rarely drive Mrs UFO's C4 and especially at night, it took a little while to work out why the lights looked whacko. I decided to match the globes in each fitting and while replacing the one in the left I realised my error on the right. The C4 now uses two Supercheap globes, installed correctly, and they are working fine. Getting that ^%%$#@ spring clip undone is a shit of a job. Small needle nose pliers are handy.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Default Save your fingers

Super cheap charge $10 for globe fitting. Best $10 ever spent😉
    UFO likes this.
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

Thread Information