C4 Parts Breakdown .... where can I find one?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default C4 Parts Breakdown .... where can I find one?

This is probably a long shot because a lot of the interest here seems to be in the more classic Citroens but here goes anyway.

A year ago I hit a roo just out of Blackall in my 2010 C4 Diesel at a fair speed. To it's credit the car survived the mainly left front impact and I was able to limp into Blackall where I bought a couple of rolls of duct tape and was able to patch the front end back together and subsequently did another three and a half thousand ks before getting back to Brisbane a week later. I didn't have comprehensive insurance so the car has been languishing under the house since the event. Everything that got smashed seems to be plastic and there appears to be a fairly complicated bracket mounting system in behind the grill, headlight and front panel. The bonnet is fine as is the left front guard so the only painted panel requiring replacement is the main front panel that surrounds the grill etc. The rest like the grill itself is all black plastic. Hopefully it should just be a matter of disassembly and reassembly.

Advertisement

Where oh where will I be able to find an online schematic of all this stuff and how it all mounts? Obviously the parts will have to be ordered from Citroen Aust but because most of it was left lying on the side of the road I'm flying a little blind. I'm not daunted by the task itself because I was a car mechanic in my youth and worked on a multitude of different vehicles that really didn't use a lot of plastics. All the stuff behind the grill etc actually reminds me of leggo.

Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to offer advice.

Sign up for service.citroen.com as a independent repairer. It's free and will be exactly the resource you are looking for.

1000+ Posts

Current C4? The interlocking black plastic is standard front end construction now. It looks like this C4 Parts Breakdown .... where can I find one?-c4-bumper-removed.jpg

A bloke starts taking the front off in this video http://www.you2repeat.com/watch/?v=8WVBRbMdB-k

PS I suspect the panel around the grille is a set with the bumper. Good luck.
    Last edited by seasink; 15th January 2016 at 03:35 PM.

Tadpole

Thanks for the prompt replies so far ... much appreciated.

I was lucky that the roo was in a crouch when I hit it ... the C4 went over it and the poor animal went under and came out the back of the car The left headlight fell out and everything was dragging on the ground but nearly all the damage is from about halfway down the grill. Nothing that is made of steel or alloy actually got bent during impact.

Aside from this the car went like a shell and was returning nearly 1300 ks to a tankful of diesel.

1000+ Posts

Welcome to AF, BTW. It's not all antique cars here. Your 1.6 diesel gets a lot of discussion too. In a nutshell, the life of the turbo depends on the state of the oil. Don't neglect the oil or allow crap to form in it.

I think the B7 series of the C4 is a very nice hatchback to get around in.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

David cavanagh maybe wrecking a C4 ... I seem to recall him getting one into stock. Have you tried messaging him?

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Rob at KMJ wreckers in Sumner Park (Brisbane) have a diesel C4 in their yard at present, I think it is a pre 2010 model.

1000+ Posts

The early series has few/no body bits in common

Thread Information