2004 C5 2.0 HDI serpentine belt replacement
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 2004 C5 2.0 HDI serpentine belt replacement

Hi Guys,

I just replaced my dodgy alternator and all went well until I've gone to replace the serpentine/accessory belt.

I think I missed the bit about placing a drill bit/bolt to keep the tension off to allow refitting.

However I figure it's the same situation you might have if the belt snapped altogether so while annoyed at being a goose I am hoping it's not terminal?

I have access to the Haynes manual but it's an electronic copy so a little hard to search through.

Advertisement

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mgryder; 12th January 2016 at 03:00 PM.

It may be worth consulting YouTube - don't overlook French videos for "courroie accessoires" too.

Fellow Frogger!

I am not sure about the C5 but Xantias with spring loaded tensioners have a hex head or a hex socket (can't remember which) to allow you to take the tension off the belt when replacing it. Have a close look at the tensioner, you may be able to use a spanner to wind it back.

Regards

agd123

Tadpole

Thanks,

I worked it all out with a bit of trial and error and belt fitted with no Battery Charge warning - yay!

Tension comes off the same way whether there is a belt or not.

Now I just have to find my multimeter and ensure that the replacement part is working okay but the engine management system was pretty quick to tell me when something was wrong :-0

Thread Information