CX familiale
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DoubleChevron
  • 1 Post By gembee

Thread: CX familiale

Default CX familiale

I just purchased John's 1982 CX GTI famiale.

Advertisement

My family extended on Friday, which means that the BX is too small to transport everyone at the same time during family outings.

I was hoping to find an immaculate one, but I could not find another one then John's.

It has been 13 years since i owned a white 84 2400ie 5spd sedan in the Netherlands.

The idea is to reinstate the car as a weekend driver and to do a full body restauration in two to three years as the car does have a bit of rust in it, which is why I didn't buy it last year.

I do have a question though for people with these wagons.

In my quick inspection at John's I noticed that the car doesn't have any anker points for carseats. I need to put in 2 carseats for my new baby and 2 year old.

Where are they located and if there are any? Do you have any suggestions where to put them if there aren't any?

I am asking as the car is reupholstered and perhaps the new fabric is covering up bolt points.

Thanks Jorgen.

Congratulations on the new (human) arrival.

Greg from Maitland, who's on the forum irregularly, was involved in the import and compliance of CX models. He might have a comment on the tether points.

Hi Jorgen,

I have a 1976 CX Wagon that I converted to a Familiale. It has inertia reel seatbelts for the front seats, and three point seatbelts for the 4 outer seats in the middle and back rows. Both centre seats in the middle and back only have a lap belt but we had a tether point installed in the centre top of the tailgate frame that can be used to tether a racing style harness that comes over both shoulders and loops onto the lap belt. It can be fitted to the rear centre seat or if that is folded down, to the centre seat lap belt. I also had a luggage barrier built that can fit in two positions, behind the center row of seats or behind the rear row of seats.

Let me know if you would like to see any pics.

Cheers,

Ken W

Further to above, I guess we were mostly past the car seat stage by the time we got the wagon, although Chris was probably still in a booster seat. Also car seats of the time were OK in a 3 point harness and didn't seem to demand the centre tether that they do these days. I'm sure you could find a motor engineer who would install three tethers across the top rail above the tailgate that could be used for the middle or back seats but probably not both. There are four mount points across the back row of seats that might be able to be rigged to take tethers for the middle row but that would likely interfere with the back seat passengers to some extent. You probably need to get advice from a licenced motor engineer. Tassie Transport Dept should be able to point you in the right direction.

Cheers, Ken

Thank you Ken and Addo, that helps a lot. Ken would you be kind enough to send me a picture of your setup?

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I have a friends 1985 CX 2500 ie 5spd manual here that I am supposed to be cleaning up for sale. It's been sitting in my shed for 3months so far as I haven't had time to look at it. I'll see if I can find where the child seat anchorages are. Being a 1985 model it would have needed them fitted for compliance.

If I'd known there was someone in Australia actually looking for a rust free CX 8seater I would have advertised it so the poor guy could get it moved on It is the most ideal spec ever sold. proper 5spd manual gearbox, 2500 GTi petrol motor, factory A/C, 8 seats .... very tidy interior, clean exterior .... did I mention the bit about it being rust free

seeya
    Shane L.
    DanielBendigo likes this.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

The CX won't have any anchor points for carseats like modern machines have. That does not mean you won't be able to transport kids safely just that you will add anchor points like we used to. I have recently added a top tether point in the Prestige, and it was in a kit that included a bolt and several large washers and spacers. In my case the car had been fitted with the older top tether points so a hole in the rear shelf was already there so I easily fitted the new one there. On a wagon things will be a bit more difficult of course but if you are going to do a full re trim then attaching a new fitting into one of the cross braces near the tailgate will be possible.

Baby capsules are a bit of a minefield these days and are ridiculously big compared to what they used to be. One of the reversible seats like the Safe and Sound Platinum ICT might be a better bet and should fit in the back or middle row in the middle of course.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    The CX won't have any anchor points for carseats like modern machines have. That does not mean you won't be able to transport kids safely just that you will add anchor points like we used to. I have recently added a top tether point in the Prestige, and it was in a kit that included a bolt and several large washers and spacers. In my case the car had been fitted with the older top tether points so a hole in the rear shelf was already there so I easily fitted the new one there. On a wagon things will be a bit more difficult of course but if you are going to do a full re trim then attaching a new fitting into one of the cross braces near the tailgate will be possible.
    I always thought under the ADRs anchor points were required to be fitted to cars sold new in Australia after 1976? Certainly other makes i've had after this point had the anchors and I have fitted a capsule and now a car seat in my 1977 Mercedes 450SLC. My Citroens are both pre this date so obviously don't have the achors. If you can get a capsule in a SLC, you can certainly get one in the CX :-)
    --
    1954 Light 15
    1970 DS21 BVH
    http://www.classicjalopy.com

Fellow Frogger!

CX sedans which were sold here in Australia would have had to comply with the ADR's and probably had child seat anchor points inserted for the Australian market.

CX wagons, of any sort, were never available or sold here. The ones that are here are private imports and I guess did not need to have the anchor points.

Glenn
    GreenBlood likes this.

Local BX wagons to comply with ADRs got a rectangular steel bar with bolt holes for child seat mounting bolted to the seat back at the latch points, don't know if a similar solution would work for modern capsules in a CX. Only problem was that it obstructed the flat floor when the seat was folded.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Our 1981 CX Familiale underwent inspection by a mechanical engineer as part of the private import process just over twelve months ago. There was no mention of attachment points for child seats/restraints.
    Current Cars
    Australia's 2016 C5 2.0HDi Last
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400 Pallas C-matic,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400ie Super Familiale C-matic - Raid Arctique 2014
    1991 Mazda E2200
    1924 Citroen 'la petit citron'

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I'm sure they are there in the back ... I haven't pulled out all the mats to find them though. there is two screwed into the floor between the 1st and 2nd row of seats. I did take a quick look underneath and couldn't see any aftermarket plates or changes, so this is obviously factory fitted seat anchors.

CX familiale-p1180130.jpgCX familiale-p1180129.jpgCX familiale-p1180125.jpg
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thread Information