Checking LDS in C5 X7
  • Register
  • Help

Default Checking LDS in C5 X7

Ok, I thought this would be as straight forward as it was to check in all the other Citroens that I've owned but now I'm not so sure?
    After a search in the web I read that the LDS level should be checked with the suspension in 'normal' ride height, and engine turned off. Ok, I did that and proceeded to loosen the lid on the tank and was met with a great hiss of air pressure escaping (at least I think it was escaping; could have been sucking from vacuum?). Lid was quickly screwed back on, and here I am!
    Is this normal, or have I left out a step somewhere? I assumed that it would have a had a breather cap on the tank?

Thanks

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cresco750 View Post
    Ok, I thought this would be as straight forward as it was to check in all the other Citroens that I've owned but now I'm not so sure?
    After a search in the web I read that the LDS level should be checked with the suspension in 'normal' ride height, and engine turned off. Ok, I did that and proceeded to loosen the lid on the tank and was met with a great hiss of air pressure escaping (at least I think it was escaping; could have been sucking from vacuum?). Lid was quickly screwed back on, and here I am!
    Is this normal, or have I left out a step somewhere? I assumed that it would have a had a breather cap on the tank?

Thanks
    I've no experience with the X7, but with the early cars the level is checked with suspension on LOW. Level should be around the centre seam on the reservoir.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    I've no experience with the X7, but with the early cars the level is checked with suspension on LOW. Level should be around the centre seam on the reservoir.

Cheers
    Chris
    Yes exactly, hence my confusion :-). My tank is black so I'm unable to see any level without removing the cap. I'm expecting to find some sort of strainer with an index mark when I do?

Quote Originally Posted by cresco750 View Post
    Yes exactly, hence my confusion :-). My tank is black so I'm unable to see any level without removing the cap. I'm expecting to find some sort of strainer with an index mark when I do?
    Try setting the suspension to LOW, this should de-pressurise the system allowing the removal of the cap. I don't believe there is a level indicator, just a case of peering in and ensuring the level sits around halfway up the reservoir.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

1000+ Posts

In the handbook link I sent - Le contrôle du niveau de fluide LDS s'effectue véhicule en position basse forcée, à l'aide de l'outil de diagnostic

The a and b level marks in the cap filter are shown.
    Last edited by seasink; 7th January 2016 at 02:26 PM.

Thread Information