Citroen DS glove box remove.
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Citroen DS glove box remove.

Hello again, thanks badabec and citroenfan, for helping me with my last post.

Advertisement

Im now hoping someone knows how to remove the glove box lining thing.

The heater pipe has fallen off, at the junction below the glove box, and I dont seem to be able to access it any other way.

Hello, this previous post mentions removing the glove box (as well as the rest of the dashboard), it may give you some pointers

DS 21 dashboard

Peter

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by badabec View Post
    Hello, this previous post mentions removing the glove box (as well as the rest of the dashboard), it may give you some pointers

DS 21 dashboard

Peter
    Yah, unfortunately you have to pull the dash to get at the glove box. Like most any other job on a D, not difficult, just really fiddly.

Which hose is loose? You have a heater distribution box on your passenger side, and coming from that are two hoses: a short, large diameter (@3.5"?) piece connecting the box to your defroster vents, and a longer, smaller diameter (@2.5") piece that snakes across the firewall from the box and simply dumps out the bottom of the dash shelf on your driver side.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Tadpole

It was the long snake that fell off. I think it must have shrunk over the years, as it doesn't seem to be damaged at all.
    Anyway, with a lot of fumbling from both underneath, and with a stick through the heater switch hole, and an extra 6 inches of slightly larger diameter pipe, its back on and I have warm feet..mmmmmm lovely.

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Excellence.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Now just wait till summer and you can't turn the damn thing off....

Peter

Thread Information