DS Handbrake Cable
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Errol_S

Thread: DS Handbrake Cable

Default DS Handbrake Cable

Compliments of the Season to all fellow Froggers. Whilst I should be enjoying this time of the year with a few cold ones around the pool, I am spending the time replacing the handbrake cable of my DS manual.

The cable is released from the calipers but I cannot see anyway to remove the clevis pin that holds the cable to the hand mechanism. Is there a trick or is this going to be one of those jobs where I tell the family to stay clear of the garage, lest they learn a few new words!!!

The manual I have only describes the foot operated parking brake.

Regards
    Errol

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Errol,I just did this job last week to repair the handbrake handle.Not a job for the faint hearted!! Begin by removing the entire dash.Then the air vent near the handle.Now you can remove the nut and bolt secureing the handle,the handle can now be lowered giving access to the Clevis pin . To facilitate future operations I reversed the positions of the nut and bolt and welded the nut in place,this allows removal of the H/B handle without removal of the Dash etc.Cheers Woody

Thanks Woody for the depressing news, and for the suggestion on how to make it easier in future. Guess that's my weekend taken care of.
    Regards
    Errol

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by Errol_S View Post
    Thanks Woody for the depressing news, and for the suggestion on how to make it easier in future. Guess that's my weekend taken care of.
    Regards
    Errol
    Errol,
    Have a read through this thread before removing your dash
    I won a fight with the Whale!

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Is there a trick or is this going to be one of those jobs where I tell the family to stay clear of the garage, lest they learn a few new words!!!

Errol_s, if it is any help i can swear in Afrifaans.

LOL. Me too. That is always the first thing you learn in a foreign language.

I decided to attempt this without removing the dashboard, so removed the driver seat and set up a "bed" of towels, cushions etc. After lying on my back pondering how I would get my fairly large hands into the small gaps I decided this was not going to happen. Right now the dashboard is out and the new handbrake cable is in. This will give me a good opportunity to clean up the mess that was behind.

Now for a cold one.

Regards
    Errol
    GreenBlood likes this.

Thread Information