Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By m_2975
  • 1 Post By FedGrapes
  • 1 Post By michaelr

Thread: BX Estates

Tadpole

Default BX Estates

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has an idea of how many BX estates are running around in Australia still. I haven't seen one (or even another BX saloon) in ages.

Advertisement

I, for one have an estate. Who else?

Here are the photos in this album 1989 CitroŽn BX 19TRI Estate
    CXVingtCinq and danielsydney like this.
    Michael
    -----------
    1997 CitroŽn Xantia CT Turbo - 5M
    1993 CitroŽn BX GTI - 5M
    1989 CitroŽn BX 19TRI Estate - 5M
    In the family
    2015 CitroŽn C5 X7 Exclusive Tourer - 6A
    2015 CitroŽn C3 Exclusive - 4A
    2005 Renault Megane Cabriolet - 4A
    2001 CitroŽn Xantia Exclusive - 4A
    1990 CitroŽn BX 19TRI-122 - 4A
    1974 CitroŽn SM Injection Electronique - 5M

I've been looking after one for just over a year now! I like your fog lights, and the body colour painted mouldings. Is that stock, or an update?

Amelie - 1990 BX 19TZI

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by FedGrapes View Post
    I've been looking after one for just over a year now! I like your fog lights, and the body colour painted mouldings. Is that stock, or an update?

Amelie - 1990 BX 19TZI
    Hi there!

You have a 19TZI, the later version, which has two tone bumpers and wide side body mouldings. I removed the narrow side body mouldings off mine as they were curling at the ends and didn't look nice. Apart from that, my car is mechanically the same as yours. I have rebuilt mine with a TZI as a donor car.

The fog lights and front splitter are accessories I ordered especially from France.

It's great to see a second estate out there. So that's two. Where are the rest?

(Hand goes up) Yep, I've got one, still going strong. Standard white TRi. Can be seen around Sydney's northern beaches. Great car, wouldn't be without it. I also know of a fellow who lives near Bucketty (west of Gosford) who runs a red BX wagon and has another red one for spares (also running). I understand that some 107 were officially imported into Oz. Plus a sprinkling of private imports.
    Be interesting to know just how many are still running. Anyone else care to put in their $0.02 worth?
    Cheers
    Lou

I think flipperman in Victoria has one.

Cheers,

Ken

Fellow Frogger!

We had two at the CCCNSW club event Sunday 18 October. One from bucketty and another wagon.

Great cars!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew D View Post
    We had two at the CCCNSW club event Sunday 18 October. One from bucketty and another wagon.

Great cars!
    They were the two cars Loudel mentioned a few posts ago. The white one came up from Melbourne a couple of years ago, the red one has getting on for 500,000 km and is still going strong. Both in everyday use, as is my BX sedan.

BX Estates-two-wagons.jpg
    danielsydney likes this.
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

I think the family just down the road from us still have one but they don't drive it much anymore.
    C5 Touring 2008, CX 2400ie Prestige '81 (with dead gerbox), CX 2400 Pallas C-Matic '80, CX2400 Super Familiale C-Matic '79 (to be scrapped very soon) , CX2400i Familiale 5-spd (to be scrapped), GS 1220 Wagon '78 (next project), ID19 '64
    CX Register

There were somewhere between 4 and 6 Estates in Perth up to maybe 3-4 years ago AFAIK, including a privately imported diesel. But Fedgrapes' Amelie is the only one I've actually seen of late. She's been very well looked after.

On second thoughts, maybe that should be 3-4 not 4-6.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

There was a white one at the French Car Festival in 2012 or 2013. It was for sale, but I'd bought a 505 just months before. I wouldn't mind starting a menagerie if space weren't an issue!

I got mine from Michael in Nowra in June (advert on here), it drove home faultlessly; it has a slight cosmetic challenge on both driver's side doors from an incident with a 'roo; I'm presently working up the enthusiasm to swap the HP pump (has a loud tick, I suspect bearing, would appreciate advice). I "cured" the slow short when parked by fitting a battery isolating switch. I absolutely ADORE the rock hard brake pedal.

I have a 1990 TZI estate still going strong with 320,000km on the clock. If anyone has a spare right hand tail lens let me know.
    1926 Citroen B12 Tourer, 1950 L15, 1953 2cv, 1974 Ami 8 Service Van, 1975 DS23, 1977 GS Pallas and 2004 206cc.
    In Family 1954 B15, 1970 D Special and 1982 Dyane 6.

Thread Information