CitroŽn C5 2.0L diesel oil. Where can I get it?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default CitroŽn C5 2.0L diesel oil. Where can I get it?

The oil capacity of my C5 Diesel is 5.25L.

I want to use Quartz INEO ECS 5W-30 and they come in 5L containers. I cannot find 1L containers for sale to make up the missing 0.25L I need.

Would anyone know where I can buy 1L of that oil, please? Another 5L would be expensive, of course.
    If there is none, can I top up the 5L of Quartz INEP ECS 5W-30 with anything else available locally, pls?
    If so, what is the closest I can buy that will not affect the performance of the Quartz oil, pls?

I live in a Sydney suburb

Thank you
    Eddy

Advertisement

Hi Eddy,

I have found that 5 litres gets you half way up between the min and max lines on the dipstick of my RHR engine and the car doesn't use any oil over 15kkm. So a 5 litre container should be OK for one oil change. This is the best oil to sue in them.

Lucky for me Onshore Oils is in Brissie so that's where I get mine.

Cheers,

Ken W

Tadpole

Thank you, Ken. I must assume that running with 5L will have no effect, albeit small one on whatever the oil does. I think I'll do just that. I've frequently overshot in the past which is not good, I know, so perhaps this is the best option.

I'm still unclear on the outlets that sell that oil. Peugeot at Parramatta quoted me $100 for the 5 litres. I cannot find other retailers.

Eddy

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

supercheap sells Nulon oil of the correct type and grade. Cheapest in 10litre bottles.

Nulon Full Synthetic Long Life Diesel Engine Oil - 5W-30, 10 Litre - Supercheap Auto Australia

The 5-30 synthetic is often on special, however it's not the low saps variety the European diesels require.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

1000+ Posts

Peugeot at Parramatta quoted me $100 for the 5 litres
    Typical $tealer extortion. I bought 3 off 5L bottles of Quartz INEO ECS 5W-30 in a carton for a bit over $200 retail, plus courier fee. Next time I need some I'll do the same. You can get it from the Total distributors if nobody else is nearby. It isn't that hard.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Typical $tealer extortion. I bought 3 off 5L bottles of Quartz INEO ECS 5W-30 in a carton for a bit over $200 retail, plus courier fee. Next time I need some I'll do the same. You can get it from the Total distributors if nobody else is nearby. It isn't that hard.
    Thank you, Seasink.. I have been looking for those Total Distributors. Had no success with HQ in Victoria and no success with the NSW guy. If it's no trouble, would you send me a link, please?

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    supercheap sells Nulon oil of the correct type and grade. Cheapest in 10litre bottles.

Nulon Full Synthetic Long Life Diesel Engine Oil - 5W-30, 10 Litre - Supercheap Auto Australia

The 5-30 synthetic is often on special, however it's not the low saps variety the European diesels require.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    That's great, Shane. From the point of view of the engine's lubrication, will the Nulon have the same benefit as the Total Quartz, would you know of any comparison, by any chance, pls?

Eddy

Try this distributor

New South Wales
    TOTAL & ELF

MOTOR OILS AUSTRALIA
    P.O. Box 442
    Ramsgate
    New South Wales, 2217
    Australia
    Tel: 61-2-9750 8344
    Fax: 61-2-9583 2263

Fellow Frogger!

Purely a matter of choice, but Penrite have 5w 30 DL specifically for this type of engine in 5ltr available Aust wide.

Just buy 2x 5 litre containers. It doesn't really go off and it will go towards making up the next half litre top off the next time you do it.

Needing 5 and a bit litres seems to be a common frogmobile thing...

1000+ Posts

406Coupť_Ed, I've bought Total from both NSW and Qld distributors, and also from a mechanic I know, who unfortunately isn't near Cheltenham. Plenty of people use Penrite Enviro+ DL-1, which can be got very easily in the shops - it also is ACEA C2 spec.

There's also a chance your dealer uses Castrol Magnatec Professional C2 5W-30, but it isn't in the shops in small packs. This suits PSA B71 2290.

Thread Information