• 1 Post By sam choy
  • 1 Post By DoubleChevron
  • 1 Post By sam choy
  • 4 Post By tractionfan
  • 1 Post By JAJEA

Thread: GS for sale in Alexandria Sydney

Tadpole

Default GS for sale in Alexandria Sydney

I just wanted to point out my GS is for sale in the cars for sale/ wanted section. Im asking for $2922 with a full years rego.

F/S GS club 1220 '74 Manual/White with Red and blue velour interior $2922 Sydney

Advertisement

sam
    addo likes this.
    GS club 1974 white

It looks great! No other mechanical issues??? No critical rust?
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

it has a glovebox lid too .....
    sam choy likes this.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Tadpole

Mechanically its sound. There isn't too much to go wrong with a GS. Its not rust free but none of it's critical. The boot lid where they are notoriously rusty is fine on this one. Im guessing your crying because South Morang is too far from Alexandria Sydney.
    caparobertsan likes this.
    GS club 1974 white

Quote Originally Posted by sam choy View Post
    Mechanically its sound. There isn't too much to go wrong with a GS. Its not rust free but none of it's critical. The boot lid where they are notoriously rusty is fine on this one. Im guessing your crying because South Morang is too far from Alexandria Sydney.
    I am crying because wife said no! I am sure , it should be fine driving from there to here.
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

I am crying because my wife said no too.....you just bought a CX she said....mmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Wayneb View Post
    I am crying because my wife said no too.....you just bought a CX she said....mmmm
    Your's must have been talking to mine. She said the very same thing...
    Cheers, Peter J
    Current - 1974 D Special
    : 1976 16TS
    Previous - 1984 CX 25 IE : 1976 16TS : 1979 12 Virage

My wife thinks CX and Gs are Ugly and I have ID19 which she hate and currently I am trying to repair it.....

Mmmmm What is the good line to convince my wife? I will ask other member as well.

buy it and park it somewhere she won't see it, that's what I've done on two occasions. Worked for me in the past! "what car? oh this car? Oh I bought it awhile ago..." Smile and change the subject. Afterwards you can introduce into conversation what an exquisite and rare find it was and how it is appreciating in value! Nup? yeah you're right!

"My wife thinks CX and Gs are Ugly and I have ID19 which she hates"

Man, if she thinks CX, GS, AND D are all ugly, she is going to be hard to convince about anything with style. How did you convince her about your obvious style and class.??

And yes, the "oh these shoes.? I've had them for ages" line has been used on me so probably is worth a try.
    Cheers, Peter J
    Current - 1974 D Special
    : 1976 16TS
    Previous - 1984 CX 25 IE : 1976 16TS : 1979 12 Virage

Quote Originally Posted by CXVingtCinq View Post
    "My wife thinks CX and Gs are Ugly and I have ID19 which she hates"

Man, if she thinks CX, GS, AND D are all ugly, she is going to be hard to convince about anything with style. How did you convince her about your obvious style and class.??

And yes, the "oh these shoes.? I've had them for ages" line has been used on me so probably is worth a try.
    This ID19 I have, I just won on ebay by accident by putting $50 more and ending up wining it. SO I said to my wife "a.....sweety, I ... bought a Citroen....." And I took pics and send it to her phone.

I used to collect cameras and they were fine because of its size and they all look same. GS cannot be hidden anywhere.

Someone should buy this car as it is reasonably good price! "Shane", have you got room for it?!

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    buy it and park it somewhere she won't see it, that's what I've done on two occasions. Worked for me in the past! "what car? oh this car? Oh I bought it awhile ago..." Smile and change the subject. Afterwards you can introduce into conversation what an exquisite and rare find it was and how it is appreciating in value! Nup? yeah you're right!
    I cannot leave such nice looking car on the street maaaaaan! She need to be parked under cover all the time. I won`t work for me.
    Someone should buy this! Air cooled 2 cylinder motor cannot go wrong much!?

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caparobertsan View Post
    This ID19 I have, I just won on ebay by accident by putting $50 more and ending up wining it. SO I said to my wife "a.....sweety, I ... bought a Citroen....." And I took pics and send it to her phone.

I used to collect cameras and they were fine because of its size and they all look same. GS cannot be hidden anywhere.

Someone should buy this car as it is reasonably good price! "Shane", have you got room for it?!
    Lots of room ... no time, and even less money ...... 5 cars, 3 trailers and a caravan is plenty enough registrations to be paying when you lack $$$ too ............

seeya
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

It seems to me that there are a few men here having trouble with wives that just can't understand your retardedness.... I mean passion!!!!
    I had a similar Problem myself with a wife that didn't understand my particular brand of retarded behaviour about Tractions
    I took my wife to see John Vanchope's Backyard. I suppose he has over 100 dead cars there.
    She said and I quote "I'll never complain about you again" Job done.

That's how you do it - "see dear - I'm not that bad!"

Quote Originally Posted by tractionfan View Post
    It seems to me that there are a few men here having trouble with wives that just can't understand your retardedness.... I mean passion!!!!
    I had a similar Problem myself with a wife that didn't understand my particular brand of retarded behaviour about Tractions
    I took my wife to see John Vanchope's Backyard. I suppose he has over 100 dead cars there.
    She said and I quote "I'll never complain about you again" Job done.
    Citman likes this.

Thread Information