GS for sale in Alexandria Sydney
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By sam choy
  • 1 Post By DoubleChevron
  • 1 Post By sam choy
  • 4 Post By tractionfan
  • 1 Post By JAJEA

Thread: GS for sale in Alexandria Sydney

  1. #1
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sydney/ Alexandria
    Posts
    4

    Default GS for sale in Alexandria Sydney

    I just wanted to point out my GS is for sale in the cars for sale/ wanted section. Im asking for $2922 with a full years rego.

    F/S GS club 1220 '74 Manual/White with Red and blue velour interior $2922 Sydney

    Advertisement




    sam
    addo likes this.
    GS club 1974 white

  2. #2
    Fellow Frogger! caparobertsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SOUTH MORANG
    Posts
    793

    Default

    It looks great! No other mechanical issues??? No critical rust?
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

  3. #3
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,432

    Default

    it has a glovebox lid too .....
    sam choy likes this.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  4. #4
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sydney/ Alexandria
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Mechanically its sound. There isn't too much to go wrong with a GS. Its not rust free but none of it's critical. The boot lid where they are notoriously rusty is fine on this one. Im guessing your crying because South Morang is too far from Alexandria Sydney.
    caparobertsan likes this.
    GS club 1974 white

  5. #5
    Fellow Frogger! caparobertsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SOUTH MORANG
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sam choy View Post
    Mechanically its sound. There isn't too much to go wrong with a GS. Its not rust free but none of it's critical. The boot lid where they are notoriously rusty is fine on this one. Im guessing your crying because South Morang is too far from Alexandria Sydney.
    I am crying because wife said no! I am sure , it should be fine driving from there to here.
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Newcastle NSW Australia
    Posts
    51

    Default

    I am crying because my wife said no too.....you just bought a CX she said....mmmm

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger! CXVingtCinq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Narrabri, NSW
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayneb View Post
    I am crying because my wife said no too.....you just bought a CX she said....mmmm
    Your's must have been talking to mine. She said the very same thing...
    Cheers, Peter J
    Current - 1974 D Special
    : 1976 16TS
    Previous - 1984 CX 25 IE : 1976 16TS : 1979 12 Virage

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger! caparobertsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SOUTH MORANG
    Posts
    793

    Default

    My wife thinks CX and Gs are Ugly and I have ID19 which she hate and currently I am trying to repair it.....
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

  9. #9
    Fellow Frogger! caparobertsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SOUTH MORANG
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Mmmmm What is the good line to convince my wife? I will ask other member as well.
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

  10. #10
    1000+ Posts forumnoreason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ici.
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    buy it and park it somewhere she won't see it, that's what I've done on two occasions. Worked for me in the past! "what car? oh this car? Oh I bought it awhile ago..." Smile and change the subject. Afterwards you can introduce into conversation what an exquisite and rare find it was and how it is appreciating in value! Nup? yeah you're right!

  11. #11
    Fellow Frogger! CXVingtCinq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Narrabri, NSW
    Posts
    987

    Default

    "My wife thinks CX and Gs are Ugly and I have ID19 which she hates"

    Man, if she thinks CX, GS, AND D are all ugly, she is going to be hard to convince about anything with style. How did you convince her about your obvious style and class.??

    And yes, the "oh these shoes.? I've had them for ages" line has been used on me so probably is worth a try.
    Cheers, Peter J
    Current - 1974 D Special
    : 1976 16TS
    Previous - 1984 CX 25 IE : 1976 16TS : 1979 12 Virage

  12. #12
    Fellow Frogger! caparobertsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SOUTH MORANG
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CXVingtCinq View Post
    "My wife thinks CX and Gs are Ugly and I have ID19 which she hates"

    Man, if she thinks CX, GS, AND D are all ugly, she is going to be hard to convince about anything with style. How did you convince her about your obvious style and class.??

    And yes, the "oh these shoes.? I've had them for ages" line has been used on me so probably is worth a try.
    This ID19 I have, I just won on ebay by accident by putting $50 more and ending up wining it. SO I said to my wife "a.....sweety, I ... bought a Citroen....." And I took pics and send it to her phone.

    I used to collect cameras and they were fine because of its size and they all look same. GS cannot be hidden anywhere.

    Someone should buy this car as it is reasonably good price! "Shane", have you got room for it?!
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

  13. #13
    Fellow Frogger! caparobertsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SOUTH MORANG
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    buy it and park it somewhere she won't see it, that's what I've done on two occasions. Worked for me in the past! "what car? oh this car? Oh I bought it awhile ago..." Smile and change the subject. Afterwards you can introduce into conversation what an exquisite and rare find it was and how it is appreciating in value! Nup? yeah you're right!
    I cannot leave such nice looking car on the street maaaaaan! She need to be parked under cover all the time. I won`t work for me.
    Someone should buy this! Air cooled 2 cylinder motor cannot go wrong much!?
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

  14. #14
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caparobertsan View Post
    This ID19 I have, I just won on ebay by accident by putting $50 more and ending up wining it. SO I said to my wife "a.....sweety, I ... bought a Citroen....." And I took pics and send it to her phone.

    I used to collect cameras and they were fine because of its size and they all look same. GS cannot be hidden anywhere.

    Someone should buy this car as it is reasonably good price! "Shane", have you got room for it?!
    Lots of room ... no time, and even less money ...... 5 cars, 3 trailers and a caravan is plenty enough registrations to be paying when you lack $$$ too ............

    seeya
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  15. #15
    Fellow Frogger! tractionfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    280

    Default

    It seems to me that there are a few men here having trouble with wives that just can't understand your retardedness.... I mean passion!!!!
    I had a similar Problem myself with a wife that didn't understand my particular brand of retarded behaviour about Tractions
    I took my wife to see John Vanchope's Backyard. I suppose he has over 100 dead cars there.
    She said and I quote "I'll never complain about you again" Job done.

  16. #16
    Fellow Frogger! JAJEA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Essendon
    Posts
    660

    Default

    That's how you do it - "see dear - I'm not that bad!"

    Quote Originally Posted by tractionfan View Post
    It seems to me that there are a few men here having trouble with wives that just can't understand your retardedness.... I mean passion!!!!
    I had a similar Problem myself with a wife that didn't understand my particular brand of retarded behaviour about Tractions
    I took my wife to see John Vanchope's Backyard. I suppose he has over 100 dead cars there.
    She said and I quote "I'll never complain about you again" Job done.
    Citman likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •